Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-throttle lag

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMirage2 View Post
    Which pedal box are you using? There isn't a choice to select for the Mirage?
    Yes .. no Mirage. When I inquired, the manufacturer (PedalBox Germany) does not specifically know what model fits and works for the Mirage.

I'm lucky there's a distributor in my country who has success in installing various models for different cars. The dealer recommended the model 1042379 as they are using it in the Mitsubishi Monteros. Since this can be easily installed, I ordered it online. However, when I plugged it in my car, it gave a Check Engine Light fault. I had to bring my car to the pedalbox dealer and have it checked.

Name:  PedalBox (mf).jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  33.3 KB

They replaced it with another model and what worked then is the 1043762 which they use for Toyotas!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-03-2023),inuvik (12-06-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Good info and glad you found a model that works. This thread should be saved in mods.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My understanding is that these devices don't reduce e-throttle lag. They simply tell the ECU that the pedal is being depressed more than it actually is. For example, if you press the throttle 10 percent, the ECU thinks its being depressed 30 percent. You don't need a device for that, just use your foot more. The initial lag in throttle opening is still there, now you just have a touchier throttle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-03-2023)

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    You have sensitive senses "saudara"

I'm using DTE PedalBox .. no more lag.. Also .. programmable

Attachment 4608

http://www.pedalbox.com/en/home/

wow.. thanks mitz, i will check this out, hopefully is the one that i am short of.. you know the meaning "saudara"? hahaa.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Yes .. no Mirage. When I inquired, the manufacturer (PedalBox Germany) does not specifically know what model fits and works for the Mirage.

I'm lucky there's a distributor in my country who has success in installing various models for different cars. The dealer recommended the model 1042379 as they are using it in the Mitsubishi Monteros. Since this can be easily installed, I ordered it online. However, when I plugged it in my car, it gave a Check Engine Light fault. I had to bring my car to the pedalbox dealer and have it checked.

Name:  PedalBox (mf).jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  33.3 KB

They replaced it with another model and what worked then is the 1043762 which they use for Toyotas!

wow, this is good info.. so which model of toyota is it for that match our mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The time between actual engine rev and pedal pressing is insanely present in that car, the spirited driver that I am find this a little bit frustrating from time to time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I have read at other forums heated debates regarding throttle controllers. Some say you do not need one .. not until you experience driving a car with a throttle controller.

True, you can rev a little bit more but your foot just cannot match the speed of response of the controller.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    I have read at other forums heated debates regarding throttle controllers. Some say you do not need one .. not until you experience driving a car with a throttle controller.

True, you can rev a little bit more but your foot just cannot match the speed of response of the controller.
    that's really true though.. am also looking for a throttle controller to reduce the time between engine response and pedal pressing time..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    My understanding is that these devices don't reduce e-throttle lag. They simply tell the ECU that the pedal is being depressed more than it actually is. For example, if you press the throttle 10 percent, the ECU thinks its being depressed 30 percent. You don't need a device for that, just use your foot more. The initial lag in throttle opening is still there, now you just have a touchier throttle.
    IF this is the fact, then it shouldnt really help with timing. I guess what it would help with is how much input/pressure you apply to the pedal. For example, I'm always at half/full throttle on mine. I guess this product would decrease the amount of me actually pushing - maybe only 1/3 and 2/3 instead of what I currently do.

In that case, I don't really know if this would help spirited drivers.

EDIT:
    I guess it would help with heel-toe situations, though, as you would just adjust the "pedal position" to match your heel-toe action instead of having to push all the way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Anyone else using one of these controllers?

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)