Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-throttle lag

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks

E-throttle lag

hi, would like to ask if anyone actually felt the throttle lag ? Sorry if there was a thread on the lag already..

Just would like to ask is there any way to "hack" the signal to increase the response of the throttling or we can install throttle controller..or something else?

Thank youz

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Throttle "lag"??

I personally think the throttle is too touchy ad responsive. Old cable throttles could be "feathered" a bit, this one seems to be either stop or go. I guess thats the way Drive by wire is, I suppose...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I own a manual and I notice no e-lag. I have also driven a CVT and didn't notice anything. Looked into it once for a previous car and didnt find any hacks. There are devices that pretend to improve throttle response but those dont help with e-lag. Maybe call the dealer, there could be a ECU update?

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    I own a manual and I notice no e-lag. I have also driven a CVT and didn't notice anything. Looked into it once for a previous car and didnt find any hacks. There are devices that pretend to improve throttle response but those dont help with e-lag. Maybe call the dealer, there could be a ECU update?
    Alright @ahausheer and @TFCfan2021 , thanks for the review, i currently own a manual, it is so lag that i cant do a heel and toe that's why wondering if there is anyone that have solution to it.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjoooyyy View Post
    hi, would like to ask if anyone actually felt the throttle lag ? Sorry if there was a thread on the lag already..

Just would like to ask is there any way to "hack" the signal to increase the response of the throttling or we can install throttle controller..or something else?

Thank youz
    You have sensitive senses "saudara"

I'm using DTE PedalBox .. no more lag.. Also .. programmable

Name:  csm_header03_baa4408797.jpg
Views: 2354
Size:  28.2 KB

http://www.pedalbox.com/en/home/

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    whats the sole purpose of that device mitz?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The Mirage accelerator pedal is a Drive by Wire (Electronic Throttle Control) system - there is no mechanical cable. Most car owners which have this system often complain on the throttle responsiveness compared to a cable type pedal. To compensate for this, many incorporate a throttle controller. It must be noted though that there is no power gain achieved.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should get one of those for myself. The throttle lag was one of my main complaints, and I've had to re-train my pedal timing to shift smoothly. If I just drive normally, the RPMs jump up when I declutch. I have to let off the gas completely before I press down the clutch pedal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    I should get one of those for myself. The throttle lag was one of my main complaints, and I've had to re-train my pedal timing to shift smoothly. If I just drive normally, the RPMs jump up when I declutch. I have to let off the gas completely before I press down the clutch pedal.
    I too have some issues shifting this car smoothly, something I have ever had issues with in the past. I am either not into the throttle enough or too much while releasing the clutch into the next gear, it is a pleasant suprise when it is smooth as butter.

I have found slowly releasing the clutch near the catch point and getting what I think is too much gas makes a smooth shift.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    You have sensitive senses "saudara"

I'm using DTE PedalBox .. no more lag.. Also .. programmable

Name:  csm_header03_baa4408797.jpg
Views: 2354
Size:  28.2 KB

http://www.pedalbox.com/en/home/
    Which pedal box are you using? There isn't a choice to select for the Mirage?