Thread: Lancer AWC

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lancer AWC

I am considering getting the LANCER SE AWC. Would you recommended and is it reliable?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will vouch for the 2008 Lancer GTS being a beautiful vehicle that handled like a dream, yes it sure did. Didn't have AWD so I can't comment on that feature.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do not, or have ever driven a lancer so take my post with a grain of sand...

this is my concern:
    I've driven cars in the same class as a lancer and I believe that their HP/weight ratio is just enough. With that said, adding AWD also adds weight and stress to the engine. Having under 200hp and a weight of over 3k just does not sound appealing to me. Add the fact that it gets horrible mpg just makes the matters worse, at least for me.

So, what will you be using it for? Your profile says you live in LA; not sure if you really need AWD.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I live close to Mt. Baldy and Wrightwood. Also BIg Bear is around 30 min. Manly slow driving and long trips. It was really useful in Salt Lake after 1ft of snow. The car is great in snow!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awd is great. I have gotten my mirage stuck once when I kamakazi-ed into a 12-16 inch snow covered street unplowed (my only place to park). I used to think I needed awd, I've learned good snow tires and light weight cars in some situations are better, I was the only car to make it around a curved hill a few months ago. I left a awd q35, Mazda 3, Subaru Legacy awd, f150 4x4 (he was in the ditch) at the curve. They each tried a few times and were uncesseful, I made it over the hill doing 5mph. Same situation going into a uphill apartment complex, a Subaru and a Audi awd both stuck at the entrance taking turns trying to climb while I blaster through the snow.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I must say. The AWC in the Lancer is great. I was last winter in Lake Tahoe and saw some Subarus stuck on the middle snow bank on the road. I was surprised as I was just able to power thru. Those did not send power at the same time back. Weird.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've driven one before. They were seriously over priced brand new. I couldn't justify buying one when I could have just easily gotten a used Evo 8 for the price. Now, they're actually pretty affordable now.

If you have lots of snow during the winter season, I would jump on one. I almost got one over the Mirage but I could never find one under $11,000 when I was looking 2 years ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i paid 17399 plus tax/fees