Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tv Tuner installation

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    what you view in your HU can also be viewed in rear monitors through that cable.
    it doesnt show what is shown in the OEM head unit but once i press on the AUX thats the time it shows up for the tuners UI but not the display for the head unit.

i did try to press the navigation it doesnt show at the back screens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @Mits if you need the montero cable i can pm you the shop. just PM me thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    it doesnt show what is shown in the OEM head unit but once i press on the AUX thats the time it shows up for the tuners UI but not the display for the head unit.

i did try to press the navigation it doesnt show at the back screens.
    I think it was designed and intended to work that way. You can verify further by trying a DVD disc movie and see if what's displayed in the HU will also come out in your rear screens.

Now, what remains is how to interface that TV unit with the HU in the TV function mode.

Name:  TV function.jpg
Views: 1771
Size:  41.6 KB

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    @Mits if you need the montero cable i can pm you the shop. just PM me thanks.
    Thanks.. no need for it for the time being.. Hektorsky has it anyway .. what I'm interested to discover is how to connect the TV unit into the HU and enable the TV function..

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    ok while i was tinkering with rca cables due to flicker problem with videos i followed the diagram from the other forum and bought a ground loop isolator now the vids are better and clear and the very low humming sound is already gone. works perfectly now.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i have a question. my Front HU has better quality vids but now i noticed at the headrest sometimes theres this flickering.

is it ok to install 2 ground loop isolators? since my tv tuner to HU already has as GRound loop then from my HU to Headrest doesnt have a ground loop.