View Poll Results: What aftermarket parts would you buy?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuel economy

8 24.24%
  • Engine & transmission performance

13 39.39%
  • Wheels, brakes, suspension

23 69.70%
  • Body & exterior

9 27.27%
  • Interior, audio & video

10 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What aftermarket parts would you buy?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    The performance aspect sounds good but I want the car to be a bit lower as well. Even just a half inch would improve the looks a lot more.
    I think at the highest TEINs are 1-1/4" lower than stock. We actually put a spacer (need 2") at the bottom to get the same fender gap front/rear, 2 fingers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I've run aftermarket springs on stock or stock replacement struts/shocks on several vehicles. Its never been a problem for me.

There are a couple guys here who are running Eibach springs. Getting them to the US is the only hurdle to overcome. These would be my choice if I had to go with an aftermarket spring as well.
    IMHO rear OEM shocks are gotta go, if you wanna get rid of pogo stick action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And that is the exact reason why I want to get the coilovers. I do not want that at all. But I would love to talk to someone who has the Largus ones to see how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    IMHO rear OEM shocks are gotta go, if you wanna get rid of pogo stick action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This may also be a good option if we are trying to save money. hahaha Name:  tennisballspring.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  26.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I've run aftermarket springs on stock or stock replacement struts/shocks on several vehicles. Its never been a problem for me.

There are a couple guys here who are running Eibach springs. Getting them to the US is the only hurdle to overcome. These would be my choice if I had to go with an aftermarket spring as well.
    I have seen peoples struts/shocks fail faster with aftermarket springs. The only reason why the VW springs might not do the same is because it has a stiffer spring rate, which eliminates most of the stress from the shocks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Bumping for more aftermarket part suggestions.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I see lots of votes for suspension. That seems pretty obvious.

What kind of aftermarket parts do you guys want for interior, audio & video that isn't currently available?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I would vote for an electronics package that improves upon the Mitsubishi navigation & entertainment system. This has been an upgrade enthusiasts have done to their cars for many years, and the current choices have really expanded & matured. I have a hard time justifying the ES premium price for the navigation package.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

TripleDiamondPerformance Nick@TDP's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I should have a couple turbo kits available in the upcoming months. While I don't expect too much interest in turbo kits for these cars, these cars simply need more power. As of right now, these are my two turbo kits(kits may change slightly in the future). Both kits are designed to run wastegate boost pressure of 7 psi. Estimate power increase of 50-100% or 40-80hp.

"Stage 1" Kit will utilize a MHI TD04 9b Turbo(specifically the front turbo from a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4). Using this turbo will allow people to use a cheap used turbo($150-$300), rebuilt turbo($500-$750), or new turbo from Mitsubishi($1,200-$1,500). This kit will include turbo manifold, o2 housing, intake and intercooler piping, intercooler, BOV, oil feed and return lines and fittings, all necessary hardware and gaskets. Optional downpipe with high flow catalytic converter.

"Stage 2" Kit will utilize a Garret GT15 turbo. This kit will include turbo manifold, turbocharger, downpipe with highflow catalytic converter, BOV, intercooler, intake and intercooler piping, oil and water lines and fittings, oil cooler and lines, oil pan, and all necessary hardware and gaskets.

Custom "turbo" cat-back exhaust will also be available for both kits. Only compatible with my custom downpipes.

I may also offer a "Stage 3" high performance kit in the future, but this kit would require internal engine modifications.
    Nick@Triple Diamond Performance

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 5-speed
    2007 Porsche Cayman S 6-speed
    1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
    1992 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    ^^ how do u plan to run tuning? A turbo on this car would be AWESOME. but software is needed for tuning.