Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 3A92 1.2L Mirage exhaust header by SuperCircuit

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Zx2uner, thanks for the kind offer. Will consider it if I can't get it shipped here.
    I will try and check Asian sites if they do sell it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One thing I just noticed with the supercircuit exhaust manifold..... is that the first o2 sensor bung is isolated to one exhaust port, whereas the oem manifold, the runners for each are extremely short leading into a "log" style manifold, which collects all 3 exhaust ports into one chamber before exiting into the precat and so on through the rest of the exhaust. That chamber area has the first o2 sensor, which "one would assume" reads the exhaust of all 3 cylinders, not just one..... in my experience with other cars, when there is a primary and secondary o2 sensor, it's not just 1-X cylinders, they put it in a spot to grab all cylinders on that bank..... so for example v8's, you have 4 cylinders on each manifold, they would never isolate the o2 sensor to 1 of the 4 exhaust ports, they would put it further down the exhaust to pick up all 4 like it should..... just sayin.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    One thing I just noticed with the supercircuit exhaust manifold..... is that the first o2 sensor bung is isolated to one exhaust port, whereas the oem manifold, the runners for each are extremely short leading into a "log" style manifold, which collects all 3 exhaust ports into one chamber before exiting into the precat and so on through the rest of the exhaust. That chamber area has the first o2 sensor, which "one would assume" reads the exhaust of all 3 cylinders, not just one..... in my experience with other cars, when there is a primary and secondary o2 sensor, it's not just 1-X cylinders, they put it in a spot to grab all cylinders on that bank..... so for example v8's, you have 4 cylinders on each manifold, they would never isolate the o2 sensor to 1 of the 4 exhaust ports, they would put it further down the exhaust to pick up all 4 like it should..... just sayin.
    This has been said previously in the thread. I, like you, do not like or understand why they isolate it to one cylinder, just put the bung farther down, I don't get it. The ECU needs a combined reading to calibrate correctly, and that's not going to happen with just one cylinder reading. However, I have seen this on many headers on many different makes. This would prevent me from buying one entirely.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    Look forward to seeing the Dyno and hearing how Mitz exhaust sounds.hi

Guys anyone knows where I can order online the oem exhaust gasket?
    In case I can't reuse the existing gasket upon removal.
    Guess you've already installed it, but the gasket is metal one, should be reusable as your car is still pretty new.. So how is it running with the supercircuit?

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    This has been said previously in the thread. I, like you, do not like or understand why they isolate it to one cylinder, just put the bung farther down, I don't get it. The ECU needs a combined reading to calibrate correctly, and that's not going to happen with just one cylinder reading. However, I have seen this on many headers on many different makes. This would prevent me from buying one entirely.
    Hi alex, i'm not sure also why they did that, but i have been using the extractor over a year now, everything is running fine.. still happy with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I'm going to guess that this is because the wiring harness wouldn't reach the new collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    For warranty purposes, I wouldn't want one either. If I wanted a race car, I sure wouldn't buy a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

GrnBn (01-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm going to guess that this is because the wiring harness wouldn't reach the new collector.

For warranty purposes, I wouldn't want one either. If I wanted a race car, I sure wouldn't buy a Mirage.
    That is a terrible excuse.... in the honda realm we just get an extender or a longer o2 sensor. Its just lazy and half ass. SC also claimed larger exhausts cause power loss, well no **** when you only monitor one of three cylinders when its supposed to read all 3....

On that note, ive done extensive research. 1.5-1.75 inch for non turbo mirages would be best and 1.75 to 2" for turbo mirages. Many other brand 3 cylinder turbo engines get upgraded to 2" and they are usually 1.0l turbo setups. So those sizes would be beneficial.

You can get a custom manifold made at almost any pwrformance shop, reasonable pricing depends on the shops "character" as a business. I plan to turbo my mirage, that hope to find a honda wagovan or del sol in reasonabke condition and forget about the mirage in general.....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What's the big deal drill a hole and weld in a bung get your cord.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    What's the big deal drill a hole and weld in a bung get your cord.
    Because when you buy something brand new, especially for 'performance' purposes, it should be manufactured to specs that do not require modification prior to installation. During their manufacture, they should do it properly. Any performance brand should know proper O2 calibration comes from the Union of the ports, not just one.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    That is a terrible excuse.... in the honda realm we just get an extender or a longer o2 sensor. Its just lazy and half ass. SC also claimed larger exhausts cause power loss, well no **** when you only monitor one of three cylinders when its supposed to read all 3....

On that note, ive done extensive research. 1.5-1.75 inch for non turbo mirages would be best and 1.75 to 2" for turbo mirages. Many other brand 3 cylinder turbo engines get upgraded to 2" and they are usually 1.0l turbo setups. So those sizes would be beneficial.

You can get a custom manifold made at almost any pwrformance shop, reasonable pricing depends on the shops "character" as a business. I plan to turbo my mirage, that hope to find a honda wagovan or del sol in reasonabke condition and forget about the mirage in general.....
    But if you look at the photo from SC again, there are 2 holes, one at one of the pipes, another one after all 3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jjjoooyyy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-06-2017)