Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 3A92 1.2L Mirage exhaust header by SuperCircuit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMelvin View Post
    For the oil treatment, actually similar brand like "Caltex Techron Plus". It mention harm free to cat. but not really sure the harm free is their marketing stretegy or really help to clean. As for me, i doenst feel any different after poul into my tank.
    you may see the link below
    https://www.caltex.com/my/motorists/...rate-plus.html
    Maybe I'm missing something but the product link you provided is a fuel additive, not for engine oil.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Japan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It's my mistake. Is fuel treatment.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_3806.jpg
Views: 1695
Size:  77.5 KBI just did a baseline dyno prior to headers.
    Realised that CVTs are difficult to dyno. I can only get bhp but not torque numbers.
    The car can't stay in one gear to give a nice ramping rpm to redline but instead it goes to redline immediately and stays there as speed builds up.

One more thing we discovered is that the abs light has to come on for the car to accelerate to Full speed. Otherwise the car is limited to 80kmh on the dyno at redline.
    It's weird that my version of the Attrage has no traction control but it seems like the car is behaving as if it has traction control.

Last thing is that no one thus far mentioned anything about the headers being longer than the stock headers. I had a hard time replacing them. Had to cut the existing exhaust and re weld to make them shorter. I am not sure if this applies only to Attrage and not the mirage.

In addition, how do you guys get the stock headers out from underneath? Was there any additional components that needs to be removed? I had to disconnect the drive shaft on the inboard side to make space for the headers to come out. Was a mess of cvt fluid to say the least.
    Last edited by Fit; 02-23-2017 at 02:02 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fit For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-23-2017)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Please note that Above graph is before headers but not with stock exhaust.
    I removed the 1 cat and have a hks universal muffler followed by a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    With cat removed from car does this bring on a engine check light or make it go into limp mode

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dmwdave View Post
    With cat removed from car does this bring on a engine check light or make it go into limp mode
    The cats are removed but the 2 oxygen sensors are still there thus no engine check light and does not go into limp mode.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    I was looking at the photos of the headers on the first page and I noticed that on the mirage the first cat is bolted on and removable.
    On the Attrage it's one piece and welded together thus making its overall length shorter than that of the mirage. That explains why the headers were too Long for the Attrage. In addition it also explains why it can't be removed from underneath without removing other parts for access due to its one piece design.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fit For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile I got my headers today!!!

Thanks to my amazing fiancé, she got me the Supercircuit Header for my Mirage! Boy am I excited! Super clean, no dents or dings. And really I couldn't find any scratches. Probably makes since why it took me 10 minutes to remove all of the packing haha. I took a magnet and seen if it really was stainless steel. It didn't stick. Only on the exhaust flex flange where the metal is (where my finger is pointing and the two magnets in the picture). And the metal where it will connect to the exhaust. Just hoping that won't rust. Oh the weight, I have a little scale which showed 5.600 pounds. So any kind of weight I need to weigh, that scale does a good job. I'm really excited to get this installed on my car, the craftsmanship on this header is really fantastic quality. Especially the welds look really good. In very impressed!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gnestovia For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-14-2020),inuvik (02-14-2020),mitsumi (03-26-2020),Top_Fuel (02-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Very nice! I look forward to hearing your thoughts after installing.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Here is the response from Supercircuit about the magnets on the metal
    Hi Matthew,

The coupling on the flexi and the bottom flange is not stainless steel, but they are durable and will not get rusty easily.

Honestly that kinds bothers me. Unless I can buy high temperature paint and paint the metal