Thread: Thicker front sway bar??

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Thicker front sway bar??

Not sure where to post this. I have been looking for a thicker front sway bar and cant find any. Wondering if the community knows of any? Would the sway bars be different on the CVT due to its increased weight?

In my opinion the body roll issues are related to the front suspension more so than the rear and I'd first like to experiment with a thicker front sway bar rather than springs/dampers.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thicker front sway bar = more understeer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fine by me. I don't ever see myself near the edge of traction anyway and would prefer to get rid of the body roll/wallow motions and I think that can be accomplished with a thicker front bar. Just a street car don't care about undesteer.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We put TEINs and camber kit and just with that it is as close to neutral as you can get on FWD. People reported good results with Eibach, I suspect just stiffer VW rear springs ($60) will fix most of the roll too. There is an UltraRacing rear sway bar which gets most of the roll and it doesn't cause understeer.

Replacing rear springs or installing rear sway bar is less work, just saying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

gone.a (01-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Replacing rear springs or installing rear sway bar is less work, just saying.
    Agreed. This has gotten rid of at least 50% or more of the roll. I left the front untouched and the car is close to perfect, for my taste.