Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo! Passed 1,00,000 km (600k mi) in our fuel economy tracker

Woohoo! Passed 1,00,000 km (600k mi) in our fuel economy tracker

Name:  1-mf-fuel-500.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  56.9 KB

We passed a significant milestone this month: over HALF A MILLION km tracked in our fuel economy log.

Some interesting stats have emerged, particularly in terms of CVT drivers (38 of them) vs. 5-speed drivers (35 of them). The results are probably not what most people would have expected.

View the fuel consumption stats broken down by engine size (1.2L vs. 1.0L) and transmission type here:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/emgarage-stats.php

And THANKS to all of you who are posting fuel logs!

If you're not tracking your car, please consider adding your info to the tracker. The more the merrier! It's easy: just (1) create an entry for your car, and (2) start adding fuel fill-up information.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (02-26-2015),Canoehead (02-26-2015)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is also appropriate to point out that several fuel economy ratings/info are quite dated; just one or two or three entries and then nothing. Wish people would post more entries, so we get an idea about how the "fleet" is doing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have mixed feelings. I am glad to know that the car is capable of such good efficiency, but then feel a bit inadequate when I post my results. I'm either inspired to do better, or ashamed of myself . . . not sure yet!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Canoehead: you're doing fine considering you're driving in the tail end of a harsh (cold) winter, on non-LRR tires, using winter formulated fuel, in windy weather, loaded up in a not-yet-broken-in car. The Mirage will pleasantly surprise you once conditions improve.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (02-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT View Post
    It is also appropriate to point out that several fuel economy ratings/info are quite dated; just one or two or three entries and then nothing. Wish people would post more entries, so we get an idea about how the "fleet" is doing.
    Agreed. (Part of the reason for posting this thread, to remind folks.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll go thru this weekend and update mine. I'm slacking. i admit but fuelly is just so darn easy there at the pump...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I need to update mine, it's been a while. I keep a logbook in the center console, so it's a matter of getting around to data entry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought about starting one but I don't write everything down to log the exact amounts..

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed. (Part of the reason for posting this thread, to remind folks.)
    Your reminder got me to put in my data today. Nagging works (sometimes).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MiMi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-09-2015)

Thanks, MiMi.

Seems to work for others, too: we now have 8 more cars being tracked than we did a couple of weeks ago when this thread was started.