Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to reset maintenance reminder and/or change service interval.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Wallythacker I found that dashboard warning symbol legend for you.

Funny. haha. Still missing some though

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-12-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Funny. haha. Still missing some though
    Okay, sorry for the bad joke. So, which symbols do you have questions about?

One way to go about this is to copy the symbols from the electronic version (pdf) of the Owner's Manual and post them here so we can figure out what's what.

It appears to me that the symbols are somewhat universalized and common to all cars. There's not a lot of symbols proprietary to any manufacturer. The Mirage ECO Leaves come to mind.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There's the 120kmh icon which is not in the manual but a no brainer to figure out. There's a couple that look like lights but aren't head/fog lamps. I'll try to take a picture of my dash with the sun on it. That pretty much shows all the icons.

But as we're having a major winter storm ATM it might be a day or two to dig out and get some sun.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    There's the 120kmh icon which is not in the manual but a no brainer to figure out.
    I'm pretty sure the 120kmh symbol indicates speeding, and it is required by law in certain jurisdictions.

It's not active for me, but I don't think I've gone that fast yet haha. Maybe one day I'll find out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 120kmh symbol indicates speeding, and it is required by law in certain jurisdictions.

It's not active for me, but I don't think I've gone that fast yet haha. Maybe one day I'll find out.
    I'm glad it's inactive. I rented a couple of cars, forget the brands, but the driver could set the threshold, and one was set @100kmh. It was also not obvious how to reset it. And of course rentals don't come with manuals. And the agency had just closed for he day. And my crappy phone was at my data limit. Lol. It all went wrong.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Light blue - left icon is foglight according to manual, right icon is not in manual

Red - neither icon is in the dash section of the manual, they may be described elsewhere

Green -pretty sure that means "Do not fire a .44 magnum while moving - Recoil may halt car abruptly"

That's all I can document for now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Light blue - left icon is foglight according to manual, right icon is not in manual

Red - neither icon is in the dash section of the manual, they may be described elsewhere

Green -pretty sure that means "Do not fire a .44 magnum while moving - Recoil may halt car abruptly"

That's all I can document for now

I think the two inside the red circle indicate weather or not the auto stop/start function is on or off. A lot of countries don't have this feature.
    The ones in blue are front and rear fog lights.
    The green one illuminates if there is an issue with the Keyless keyfob for those with push start.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-18-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I quickly googled for an image of the rear fog light but nothing definitive turned up.

So, for those with a rear fog light, what's the deal? You bomb around in reverse or something equally nutty?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "First, let's discuss why the rear fog light exists. It's mandatory in Europe, and it's a bright red light -- precisely as bright as your brake lights -- that reveals the position of your vehicle. This is so your car can be seen in dense fog; normal (fairly dim) taillights couldn't be spotted in such conditions, so the rear fog light is designed to be brighter and to make your car more visible.
    So why shouldn't you drive around with the rear fog light on unless you're in heavy fog? It's simple, really: The rear fog light is placed in the vicinity of your brake light, and it's about the same brightness as your brake light -- meaning that if you're driving with the rear fog light on, it can be easily confused with your brake light. Cars behind you won't have a good idea of when you're actually stopping and when you're just letting them know your position in dense fog that doesn't exist."
    (blank signature)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-18-2018),Wallythacker (01-18-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    "First, let's discuss why the rear fog light exists. It's mandatory in Europe, and it's a bright red light -- precisely as bright as your brake lights -- that reveals the position of your vehicle. This is so your car can be seen in dense fog; normal (fairly dim) taillights couldn't be spotted in such conditions, so the rear fog light is designed to be brighter and to make your car more visible.
    So why shouldn't you drive around with the rear fog light on unless you're in heavy fog? It's simple, really: The rear fog light is placed in the vicinity of your brake light, and it's about the same brightness as your brake light -- meaning that if you're driving with the rear fog light on, it can be easily confused with your brake light. Cars behind you won't have a good idea of when you're actually stopping and when you're just letting them know your position in dense fog that doesn't exist."
    That's just what I was thinking. It will cause confusion. Just like when Coulthard lifted on Schumacher. Confusion=crash.