Thread: the little engine that could :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    the little engine that could
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Sapphire Blue
    5-Speed Manual

Details

HID retrofit headlights courtesy of Alex1a1f

LED fog lights, parking lights and turn signals

LED underdash kit

•  

Windows CE head unit with navigation and backup cam

JBL Club 6500C component speakers in front

Kenwood KFC-1665S coaxials in back

Rockville RW8CA 8" underseat sub

Fumoto F106SX drain valve

•  

Rear "axle" assembly replaced under warranty

Rustoleum undercoating + RustKote oil treatment

Hankook Optimo H724 185/60R14 tires on Vision Cross 14" wheels

Nokian Nordman 5 165/70R14 snow tires on factory steelies

Comments: 7 / Views: 5802
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Got any pictures of your Mirage Anog?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry I'm a bit of a procrastinator, haha. Finally added a few pics to the garage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anog For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-28-2016),inuvik (03-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looking good!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

anog (03-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'm considering getting a set of the tires you have, the Optimo H724. How do you like them? How was your fuel efficiency effected? How is the handling?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far so good. It's hard to tell objectively, because I put them on at 15k miles which is also right when I got my rear alignment fixed (also, I went from Enasaves to snow tires to these, so it's hard to directly compare these to stock). With the Hankooks I get on average about 44 mpg mixed in the summer. If I had to guess, I'd say there was probably a 4 MPG drop (complete guess). Unfortunately I don't have the fuel log to see exactly how it was effected. Handling is slightly better in the summer, and there is definitely more grip on these than stock.

In all I'm very happy with these so far, and if you're okay with losing a few MPG's, I think you will be happy with them. I can still get over 50 MPG if I try, plus I get less comments about how my car has wheelbarrow tires. If you do get these, I would be interested to see exactly how they affect your fuel economy. As I said I didn't record mine, and I had several other factors at play making it hard to accurately gauge the difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anog For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-15-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry to drift off topic. Is your radio head factory Mits or 3rd party? What brand/cost? It looks killer. Was it a pain to install?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Sorry to drift off topic. Is your radio head factory Mits or 3rd party? What brand/cost? It looks killer. Was it a pain to install?
    You're not off topic, I'm just happy someone's interested in my thread haha. See my thread here for more info on the head unit. In short, it is cheap ($130) but unbranded and will have no support after the year warranty. Install is easy once you get the trim piece popped out from around the radio. I've had some issues with this unit (see the end of that thread) but it's been in for 2 years now and I'm still very happy with it.