Thread: Fuel efficiency comparison with other 1.2 liter engine vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Fuel efficiency comparison with other 1.2 liter engine vehicles.

Out of curiosity I have been searching for a 1.2 liter naturally aspirated petrol engined vehicle that is more fuel efficient than the Mirage and can't find any. Without brake specific fuel consumption charts It can't be concluded how efficient the engine is per se, but the results below speak for themselves and speak highly of Mitsubishi's engineering.

Per UK test cycle (numbers are 1.2 liter engine and most efficient transmission variant):

Mirage = 4.3 L/100km (65.7 mpg) UK Gallons
    Suzuki Swift = 4.3 L/100km (Dual Jet engine, i.e, complex cooled EGR and dual direct injection).
    Hyundai i20 = 4.8 L/100km
    Volkswagen Polo = 4.7L/100km
    Nissan Micra = 56.5 mpg (UK gallons) *Nissan offers a supercharged engine variant that is more efficient.

If anyone has additional info post below and I'll add it. If the test cycle is different or our of the UK please provide the comparison vehicle's data as well as the Mirage's data (in that test cycle) so we can at least get a relative comparison.

Last edited by gone.a; 01-19-2016 at 04:10 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nice compilation.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I assume this excludes motorcycles, diesels and cars with similar but slightly different displacement, right?

What I find equally amazing is 0.27 Cd in car that short and hatchback. Most cars with Cd as low or lower several feet longer and have Kammback design.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)