Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would be interested in an alternative rear sway bar option?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Who would be interested in an alternative rear sway bar option?

As you may know, I've been looking into having some parts made for the Mirage. I have a few ideas, so I'm trying to weed out the good ones from the not so good ones.

The biggest area people are interested in according to our poll on aftermarket parts is wheels, brakes and suspension parts. So, I've been looking into that area.

Since body roll is a big complaint I've been looking at that. Obviously, a rear sway bar does worlds of good for this as many who have installed the Ultra Racing bar have noted after they've installed it. However, I'm wondering how many people haven't got the bar due to the price?

So, my question is, would you be interested in a rear sway bar that costs less? What would be a price that you're willing to pay? I'll likely have to work with companies and I'd like a price target, and it has to be realistic.

Feedback is much appreciated!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    As you may know, I've been looking into having some parts made for the Mirage. I have a few ideas, so I'm trying to weed out the good ones from the not so good ones.

The biggest area people are interested in according to our poll on aftermarket parts is wheels, brakes and suspension parts. So, I've been looking into that area.

Since body roll is a big complaint I've been looking at that. Obviously, a rear sway bar does worlds of good for this as many who have installed the Ultra Racing bar have noted after they've installed it. However, I'm wondering how many people haven't got the bar due to the price?

So, my question is, would you be interested in a rear sway bar that costs less? What would be a price that you're willing to pay? I'll likely have to work with companies and I'd like a price target, and it has to be realistic.

Feedback is much appreciated!
    It would be nice to be able to get the rear sway bar for under $100 US. It's not like it's a complicated machine or anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with $100 bucks. Even up to $150. They are not expensive to make and should not be as much as they are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Pick me pick me pick me!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Subscribed! Want cheaper handling upgrades for my don't-have-one-yet Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's my #1 most wanted mod. My own frugalness accounts for some of why I haven't bought one, but also that IMO the Ultra Racing one is way overpriced and the Canadian dollar is ****.

$100USD seems reasonable (when our dollar picks back up a bit). It's not good at all that there is only one option right now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My rear sway bar is rusting. been on the car since the 2nd group buy. I would be down for a better quality/better color(LOL).

More than anything I'd love to throw some cheaper coilovers on my mirage. I don't plan on track days until I have paid off more of my car!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    my rear sway bar is a copy from a thai shop called TSUYOI. maybe they can sell internationally.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    my rear sway bar is a copy from a thai shop called TSUYOI. maybe they can sell internationally.
    Will their sway rust too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm interested, but how involved is it to install it? Would it affect the warranty at all?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)