Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler / Dodge to sell rebadged Mirage (Attitude?) in the US?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Well there you have it. I guess I'll wait to get a Colt here soon!

Maybe I can get another Estate wagon in blue with woodgrain side panels.

Last edited by Eggman; 02-04-2016 at 07:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really dont think the Mirage and 500 are going to be fighting for the same customers. They are both small cars but thats about the only thing they have in common. I just think 2 different people purchase those cars

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also i wonder if they would come with the factory Dodge warranty or the Mitsubishi 100k warranty?

Anyone know what warranty the Attitude has in Mexico?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I would be very surprised if Chrysler's current owner, Fiat, with a vehicle competing in the same market segment (500) would consider selling their competition's products for them, when they could sell the 500 instead.
    Unless they sell a sedan version only?

I have looked at FCA timeline and they were talking about Chrysler 100. Does anyone have any information on this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It would be great if it was re-branded. Parts would be more readily available years down the road and there is always the slight chance that Dodge might have their own changes to things like suspension, rims, or radio head unit (like FRS/BRZ). I'm all for it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I don't think Fiat Chrysler America and Mitsubishi are in bed together like Chrysler and Mitsubishi were back in the day. But if they are already doing it in Mexico and Mitsubishi is already certifying the G4 for the US anyway, it would kinda make sense to just sell these at Dodge dealerships. As was mentioned, it would go a long way towards placating the Communist Air Resources Board and meeting CAFE standards.

This is actually the whole reason GM sold the Metro back in the day. GM lost money on every Metro they sold, but it allowed them to sell a lot more (highly profitable) Tahoes and Suburbans without paying a hefty fine to the government.

Makes you wonder if Dodge would want to rebadge the hatch as well? Mitsubishi has a minor winner on their hands with the Mirage, and they may not really have much to gain by cutting FCA in.

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As much as I hate to say it, but I really hope they do not re-badge. Mitsubishi's survival in North America depends on their image, and getting more cars, in their own dealers, will go a lot further for them, then selling some to Fiat Chrysler for $100 profit each one.

On top of that, Dodge warranties would most likely be applied, and they have a far inferior warranty than Mitsubishi, and their service tends sucks. Dodge has a reputation for crap, and I'd like a good vehicle, such as the Mirage hatch or sedan, to stay as far away from that "Dodge" reputation as possible. It could end up back-firing on Mitsubishi, with people buying the Dodge version instead of their own, and driving them out of NA, especially when people start complaining of bad service, terrible warranty, and then stop buying the re-badged version.

Mitsubishi needs to get their head in the game:

Bring over at-least 3 new sedans to America
    One of them needs to be some kind of an Eclipse, coup sport model
    One of them needs to be mid-level performer similar to a Ford Focus or Fusion
    One of them needs to be a sedan version of the mirage.

That gives them 4 or 5 sedans to choose from, which is a full "line-up" so to speak.

Right now, the choices over at Mitsubishi Dealerships is abysmal, and that alone drives people away faster than you can say fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I don't think Fiat Chrysler America and Mitsubishi are in bed together like Chrysler and Mitsubishi were back in the day. But if they are already doing it in Mexico and Mitsubishi is already certifying the G4 for the US anyway, it would kinda make sense to just sell these at Dodge dealerships. As was mentioned, it would go a long way towards placating the Communist Air Resources Board and meeting CAFE standards.

This is actually the whole reason GM sold the Metro back in the day. GM lost money on every Metro they sold, but it allowed them to sell a lot more (highly profitable) Tahoes and Suburbans without paying a hefty fine to the government.

Makes you wonder if Dodge would want to rebadge the hatch as well? Mitsubishi has a minor winner on their hands with the Mirage, and they may not really have much to gain by cutting FCA in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    From what I am reading on 200 and Dart it is unlikely Mirage would be in the picture as replacement.

It is possible that FCA will co-develop replacements with Mitsu, since both were looking for partners for aging 200 and Lancer, and both use shared components.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    In europe Fiat sells a pick up model called "Fullback", which is a badge engineered Mitsubishi L200.

Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)