Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of a camber bolt that will work on a 2017 Mirage hatch?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Does anyone know of a camber bolt that will work on a 2017 Mirage hatch?

I'm going to be installing my Coilovers soon and I want to purchase a set of camber bolts for the front of my Mirage. I know they exist because I've seen people use them, but, I can't seem to find them myself.

Being that this is such an obscure car here in the U.S. at the moment, at least in the car modding world.. I'm wondering if there are camber bolts that work on the Mirage but that are not listed for it, but, listed for another similar small car or something?

Can anyone help me here?

Last edited by Tarmac Meister; 10-02-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac Meister View Post
    I'm going to be installing my Coilovers soon and I want to purchase a set of camber bolts for the front of my Mirage. I know they exist because I've seen people use them, but, I can't seem to find them myself.

Being that this is such an obscure car here in the U.S. at the moment, at least in the car modding world.. I'm wondering if there are camber bolts that work on the Mirage but that are not listed for it, but, listed for another similar small car or something?

Can anyone help me here?

Well, there is this thread:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ble-camber-kit

The search button in the upper right hand corner works wonders . Love to see some pics as you go along and mod but don't forget to post some pics in your garage too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had actually found that post already. The thing with the bolt on that link is that it only advertises +1° to -1° of adjustment. That isn't enough for what I'm looking for myself and its why I made my own post to see if someone maybe knew of some other kits as I had seen someone else using a bolt that offered 2° of adjustment both ways. This bolt has been out of stock for some time now and I'm tired of waiting for it as the seller has no eta for them to be back in stock.

I actually just ended up ordering an Eibach bolt right before I viewed your reply. It was listed for a KIA model and the part number is as follows in the pic attached. These are advertised to adjust 1.75° both ways which isn't 2°, but, better than only 1° each way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarmac Meister For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you attempting to fix the alignment issue or stance the car? I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that stancing these Mirages would be quite dangerous. Well even more dangerous than stancing already is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely not trying to stance the car. The stance scene is a joke to me to be quite honest. To each their own, doesn't mean in have to agree with it, though. Haha

My purpose for the eccentric bolts are for handling purposes. A strut car needs quite a big of static negative camber in order to achieve max performance in the handling department. Why am I doing these types of modifications to a Mirage? Because its funny to kick people with "fast cars" in the nuts with a car like this and because I can. =)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely not trying to stance the car. The stance scene is a joke to me to be quite honest. To each their own, doesn't mean I have to agree with it, though. Haha

My purpose for the eccentric bolts are for handling purposes. A strut car needs quite a big of static negative camber in order to achieve max performance in the handling department. Why am I doing these types of modifications to a Mirage? Because its funny to kick people with "fast cars" in the nuts with a car like this and because I can. =)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A few months ago Atlanta had a 17 car accident over a smuck with a stanced car that had a blow out at speed on the highway. They are finally doing something about it by impounding these cars as unsafe for road use. I fully support this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely. And those cars are definitely not road worthy. Far too low to have a functioning suspension, way too much camber (Have seen 7°+), and wheel tire set-ups that I can't understand how the tire even beads and seals I'm the first place while mounting. They're a hazard.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Camber bolts typically offer a maximum of 2 deg of adjustment, if that. I don't even know why anyone would associate them with stancing a car, aside form having no idea what they are talking about lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_top_her View Post
    I don't even know why anyone would associate them with stancing a car, aside form having no idea what they are talking about lol.
    This. I'm not mechanically inclined outside of textile arts. thats why I ask questions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Remy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-04-2016)