Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage G4 sedan photos, specs, details, pricing (U.S. / Canada)

Canadian pricing

I updated post 1 with a summary, and added a bunch of photos to post #2.

---

Don't forget these are Canadian prices. Pricing strategy can vary a LOT between the U.S. and Canada. (EG. the base hatchback starts at $9,998 in Canada). So you're going to have to wait until the N.Y. auto show to get that info.

I wonder if it's the least expensive sedan MSRP in Canada. It might be. I'll go poke around and see.

Nope: the Hyundai Accent sedan starts at $13,899 here, $400 cheaper. But it doesn't have A/C or power windows, mirrors, remote entry, and a bunch of other stuff that the base G4 has.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-11-2016),Kineo (02-13-2016)

no updated fascia?

I just realized the sedan doesn't share the updated fascia of the redesigned hatchback.

Wonder why not? I was fully expecting that it would have the same lower grille treatment, since it echoes the "dynamic shield" styling of the new corporate face.

Name:  fascia.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  78.6 KB

They updated the styling at back of the sedan for North America. So... why not the front?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-12-2016),mitsumi (02-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Good observation

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

This is great news! It is hard to believe that now both sedan and hatchback will be available in North America. Just a couple years ago we were only speculating and wishing. Now it is actually happening and these have both been refreshed and revised. I like them both, it will be tough to have to choose one over the other but simply having more of both of these on the roads is good for us. Soon we will see the first crashed sedan, the first used sedan for sale, the first modified sedan, more in-depth comparisons between the two body styles and many more firsts for both of the 2017s. Exciting times ahead!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    It looks competitive but at those prices and assuming it will continue to get negative reviews it better get some some mighty impressive mpg. Otherwise it will outgrow its extreme value/ practicality nitch. Unless you drive 20-30k a year this cars value proposition is loosing steam.
    Keep in mind these prices are in Canadian dollars. So CAD$14,398 equals about USD$10,300, and CAD $18,198 is right around USD$13,000.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Kineo (02-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does not look like the sedan is getting the LED tail lights. From the pictures it looks like regular bulbs to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I updated post 1 with a summary, and added a bunch of photos to post #2.

---

Don't forget these are Canadian prices. Pricing strategy can vary a LOT between the U.S. and Canada. (EG. the base hatchback starts at $9,998 in Canada). So you're going to have to wait until the N.Y. auto show to get that info.

I wonder if it's the least expensive sedan MSRP in Canada. It might be. I'll go poke around and see.

Nope: the Hyundai Accent sedan starts at $13,899 here. But it doesn't have A/C, power windows, mirrors, remote entry, and a bunch of other stuff that the base G4 has.
    Keep in mind that your base hatchback doesn't have a/c, so the difference between similar sedan and hatch is less.

I wonder how it will compare to cheapest sedan in US, Nissan versa. It is obviously better equipped, and the difference in size not as drastic as hatchback to Note. Sedan is shorter by 6" and hatch by 16". I suspect sedan interior specs could be almost a wash as Mirage has better packaging

As Car Nut I prefer hatchback, but Versa sales 60% sedan. Will this be the same for G4?
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 02-12-2016 at 12:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Keep in mind these prices are in Canadian dollars. So CAD$14,398 equals about USD$10,300, and CAD $18,198 is right around USD$13,000.
    Ah yes,,forgot about that. Excellent point. Have to stay tuned and see what they really go for in the states. The US pricing you mention looks much better now. I STILL WANT A DEAL THO, cause I'm a cheap Son Of a Biscuit eater. Must be my Geo Metro roots.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

flotownj (02-12-2016)

Since it appears they're not offering a "stripped" model of the Mirage sedan, I doubt it will be priced anywhere near the price of the base 2016 Versa sedan, which starts at $11,990 USD and has the distinction of "America's cheapest new car." But that model (the base Versa S 5-speed) is a unicorn, which I doubt any U.S. dealer keeps in regular stock.

It appears to me Mitsu is trying to play the value card instead, along the lines of: "We don't have the cheapest base price, but when you add the same features to the competition that we offer as standard, THEN our price is better."

It's a more complicated message and will be a harder sell. The Micra in Canada and the Versa sedan in the U.S. dominate their segments because "cheapest new car" makes for killer marketing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Kineo (02-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We have (at my Dealership) G4 and Hatches Ordered. We have the exact of amount of both so we know what sells better the Hatch and/or Sedan. I am excited to touch and feel and drive the cars soon

There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dontee For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-12-2016)