Thread: Rostra Aftermarket Cruise Control Mod

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Rostra Aftermarket Cruise Control Mod

After a search I can only find 2 threads on cruise control, so I guess this is #3.

I'm wondering how many DE (base) model owners have the Rostra unit?

I installed a nearly identical plug and play unit on a 2007 Yaris. It worked perfectly except the location of the cruise switch "stalk" which is mounted on the left side of the steering column, and ended up being hidden by the spoke on the steering wheel. (first pic)

My toyota corolla has a similar cruise stalk on the right side, but is mounted to the steering wheel so it can be at a lower position and not blocked by the steering wheel spoke. (second pic)

From reading one of the other cruise control threads I learned that my Mirage may have the OEM cruise wiring that goes from the steering wheel, through the rotator and down to the steering column.

If this is true, my plan is to mount the rostra cruise switch to the steering wheel aka toyota style, and plug it into the OEM cruise control wires.

I am just hoping that there are no problems finding and splicing into the coresponding wires in the steering column. So a wiring diagram would be helpful but I have not come across one yet while searching here and on the web.

Anyway, that is my plan.

If anyone has and ideas or suggestion about this endeavor, please feel free to share, and thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    DCA products like Dodge Caravan have/had cruise identical to Toyota, and back in 90s when Chrysler shared products with Mitsubishi they had steering wheel setup like Mitsubishi. I wonder if those diagrams could be helpful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    DCA products like Dodge Caravan have/had cruise identical to Toyota, and back in 90s when Chrysler shared products with Mitsubishi they had steering wheel setup like Mitsubishi. I wonder if those diagrams could be helpful.
    I doubt that wiring diagrams from the 90's will have anything in common with a vehicle made in 2014.

I guess I will just have to get out my trusty multi-meter and trace the wires.

Really crazy that a car thats been in production for four years and nobody has any schematics for the wiring...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So much for my mod.. There were no cruise control wires in the steering wheel or column so I had to install the stalk in the normal way, and it is just fine..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage7K View Post
    So much for my mod.. There were no cruise control wires in the steering wheel or column so I had to install the stalk in the normal way, and it is just fine..
    Any pics?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Red face Rostra cruise control 2015 Mirage ES

I have the Rostra aftermarket cruise control on my 2015 Mirage ES. I live in Ontario Canada and that model
    doesn't come with cruise control or fog lights. My hubby (my mechanic) installed the Rostra in about an hour.
    Works like it came with the car.