Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video: First promo / commercial for 2017 Mirage

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    In high school I drove fugitives from the scrap heap, not brand new cars. In college it was a 5 year old 1963 Valiant that smoked badly enough to gag a tailgater until I cleaned the pcv system and reduced the oil consumption by 90%.

Market it to the ladies? Great idea.

Does it make me feel like my manhood is in question? I've outgrown that feeling decades ago.

In my opinion Mitsubishi built the perfect car for the times as they exist today. Not for enthusaists, more of an appliance that provides close to a perfect combination of frugality and security (warranty).

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Maybe this commercial is actually fiendishly clever. The women want the car in the ad, the men want the WOMEN in the ad. Everybody wins!

Yeah. This is all coming together now...

But it could still pass for a tampon commercial if they just removed the Mitsubishi logos.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Women drive 2-3k less a year than men, so with 10 year 100k warranty so for a girl in 18-32 age group it could literally mean a decade worry free basic transportation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In my opinion Mitsubishi built the perfect car for the times as they exist today. Not for enthusaists, more of an appliance that provides close to a perfect combination of frugality and security (warranty).

Bingo, mechanic. Though, I gotta say, this 2017 Mirage GT and GS and DE are enthusiast-fodder, yes. I don't know about you guys but Mitsu made the 2017 better looking - it's the front end that's improved. The rear doesn't look all that much different. I can see the modders having a heyday with the 2017 Mirage. The ideas are probably starting ta swim around in their heads now!

Thanks
    I had this "hot rod" 24 years ago, sold it for $6000 with 190k miles on the odometer. It would pull close to 30 mpg on the highway, the flat top piston 83 short block cost me $390 brand new on a Nissan factory close out when they started offering factory rebuilt complete engines.

picture is form the 1993 National Z car convention in Knoxville Tn.

Once drove it from Tidewater Va to the USGA golf museum in New York state, and back in the same day.

regards
    mech
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016),El Kapitan (02-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I liked your post!! What men have to do that have a Mirage is to promote it to other guys. And Not be fooled about the Falling Gas prices.A wize person will not be fooled by the gas prices , and then go out and Buy a Gas hog and then after they get it gas prices start to go back up. So it's wize sticking with a Gas saver because with the money you save you can use that on other things.a lot of times the woman sway the men to buy a gas saver.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (02-15-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    mech,

I also drove an old valiant. jet black, push button transmission. I got a lot of tickets in that thing. alas, it was quite old and could not stand up to a ruthless teenaged driver and his pals.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cobrajet,,,,,I really liked your Post about these Idiots!!!!And Morons!!! Who drive like Wild idiots and expect more out of a car then what it was Designed to Do.I Drive for a living in King county, and I see it all the time! People are in a Big Hurry !!!! For What????? To get to there Grave!!!! Slow down and enjoy your Mirage and your Life it's a proven fact the faster you go you increase your chances of a Accident !
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (02-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    i just dont like it. its like their saying this mirage is for girls. pft!
    Don't forget: marketing messages vary a lot from region to region. Where was this produced and for what country?

That said, the 2 major commercials I've seen for the Mirage in Canada & the U.S. were directly aimed at young women. And I'm inclined to think that Mitsubishi knows who their $$$ customers are.

make something for the boys mitsubishi!
    Here ya go....

Thread: Mirage + longboarding commercial

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    the new look is starting to grow on me coz of that commercial.

I too couldn't care less about the sob story. But i've read on how commercials are made to make the product sell by utilizing heart warming stories.

I was more keen on the features like how the new tail lights light up and the DRL's. I also liked how the car sounds to be the same as the previous iteration.