Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got told "...I am impressed"

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I reved the engine a little harder today, maybe 5000 rpm. I was competing with a big mazda skyactive. You know what it kept up with the mazda leaving traffic behind, and damn the engine sound at that amound of rpm sound like a freaking v6. wow it sounded nice

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleartec For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-27-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Don't be afraid to rev it up every once in a while!, it goes upto around 6.7k before hitting the limiter.

It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gunlak For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-02-2016),inuvik (02-27-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've got dashcam footage of me passing cars in a 80 km/h zone. From 80 km/h, by the time I've come to the side of the first car, I'm already doing about 110 km/h. Anyone know the upload limits on this board? I'm not keen on uploading them to youtube because I'm a school bus driver and instructor and my dashcam shows GPS and speed...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I've had a similar experience. I had 3 of my in laws with me in the Mirage to show the car to them. Even with the CVT and a full car I had no problem getting around. It was no rocket for sure, but not anywhere near 'dangerously slow' that some reviewers claim.
    Maybe the Mirage is "dangerously slow" to those whose driving capabilities are "dangerously challenged" by normal vehicle operations.

They need power to cover their incompetence and have no concept of the conservation of inertia. They should be forced to drive a 1958 VW for a year, or a Citroen 2CV.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

3dplane (03-02-2016),Cleartec (03-02-2016),Kineo (03-02-2016),Teasmade (03-02-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Maybe the Mirage is "dangerously slow" to those whose driving capabilities are "dangerously challenged" by normal vehicle operations.

They need power to cover their incompetence and have no concept of the conservation of inertia. They should be forced to drive a 1958 VW for a year, or a Citroen 2CV.

regards
    mech
    why ? they have no horse powers?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    I see Morons every day driving like total TOOLS. A few days ago we were crawling through Interstate traffic, averaging about 10 mph. While I don't particularly enjoy driving like that, in the Mirage you can still get great mileage. About 50 feet in front of me in the left lane, I saw one distracted driver, rear end another, hard enough to deploy their air bags. Car totaled, driver climbs out to survey the consequences of his own stupidity.

I have pulled over to the left and to the right to keep from being rear ended at least 10 times, even though it would not have been my fault. That's not the point but one really attentive driver can prevent many accidents that would not be their fault.
    I have had other drivers thank me for saving their arses from their mistakes.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    why ? they have no horse powers?
    Idiots use horsepower as a crutch in the USA, but my favorite "following too close" conviction was in Germany, on the autobahn, where a driver was ticketed by a camera and two stripes across his lane. In Germany the fine is based on your ability to pay,which in his case was $35,000 (US).

I had one particular dumb arse yesterday 3 feet from my rear bumper at 45 mph and I am doing the speed limit. When I collect a TOOL like that I just start more aggressive P&G to gain some separation, cine the TOOL invariably does not have either insurance or a decently maintained car.

regards
    mech

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have pulled over to the left and to the right to keep from being rear ended at least 10 times, even though it would not have been my fault. That's not the point but one really attentive driver can prevent many accidents that would not be their fault.
    I have had other drivers thank me for saving their arses from their mistakes.

regards
    mech
    We have an LED top brake light modulator coming in mail, $7+ with free shipping from Amazon. Never had one on car but had one on last 2 motorcycles, and it does wonders to fan off tailgaters. Will see how well it works in Mirage.

I had been rear-ended at low speed ~25 years ago, and neck was stiff for a few weeks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    We have an LED top brake light modulator coming in mail, $7+ with free shipping from Amazon. Never had one on car but had one on last 2 motorcycles, and it does wonders to fan off tailgaters. Will see how well it works in Mirage.

I had been rear-ended at low speed ~25 years ago, and neck was stiff for a few weeks.
    So i guess this so called LED must be giving a lot of sharp light?

A tip here preventing to snap your neck would be to place your head on the headrest? I always use the headrest as I know this will prevent me from snapping my neck

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I have pulled over to the left and to the right to keep from being rear ended at least 10 times, even though it would not have been my fault.
    Are you sure thats a good idea? Because at the last moment they might swerve to the left or right and in that case you could be held liable for the accident

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)