Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel Shake (New Rims & Tires)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Check the run out on the rear wheels, with them barely off the ground spin each one by hand a see if it is round or something else.
    Put the best ones on front and see if there is any difference. If it's shaking bad have someone follow you and check each wheel while you make it shake.

Tire not mounted properly.
    Defective not round tire.
    Rim not centered properly.

regards
    mech
    The only other thing could be rim isn't tighten up correctly?
    Most likely it is bad out of round tires. Which brand/model are they?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey what hubcentric rings would I need for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage? That's actually my problem. The rings I got don't properly fit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJT View Post
    The first shop put one huge ass weight on my rims which did no good at high speeds but after the second shop did it. They put them in diff places. Which worked for me
    First shop static balanced the second shop dynamic balanced. Static balance only corrects one type of vibration, dynamic is required for the best balance. A static balance, one weight is placed to stop hopping type vibration(up down), but leaves wobbling (left right shake). Dynamic corrects both. We just got a machine at my shop which will do both, but can go a step further for even more accurate balancing, as well as a mode for fine balance which goes down to .1 of a gram. Sadly the screen is touch screen and one of the general service kids chipped the screen so the mouse is stuck in one spot. Lol