Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006-2008 Honda Fit lowering springs

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Namco, did you say that you bought the Honda Fit springs? I'm curious to know if they will "fit" the Mirage. If so I might order a set of Swift springs. They seem to be among the best.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No man. I got the generic springs that are made for the mirage off amazon for 70.88 after tax with free shipping.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    No man. I got the generic springs that are made for the mirage off amazon for 70.88 after tax with free shipping.
    If you can do a before and after pic along with a report of how it changed the ride, handling that would be great. Gives other members options to consider.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you can do a before and after pic along with a report of how it changed the ride, handling that would be great. Gives other members options to consider.
    Yeah no problem. I was gonna document it anyway because I wanna see where I am after a year of tuning.

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The rears on the set I got from Amazon were sooo much softer than the stock one's.

The rear of the car was also lower than the front of the car. The front springs were alright though!

Can't wait for my Eibachs...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    The rears on the set I got from Amazon were sooo much softer than the stock one's.

The rear of the car was also lower than the front of the car. The front springs were alright though!

Can't wait for my Eibachs...
    You might wanna read this: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...3744#post43744

They are actually ~ 20% firmer than OEMs, if installed properly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    You might wanna read this: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...3744#post43744

They are actually ~ 20% firmer than OEMs, if installed properly.
    With TEIN shocks. Different story with the stock shocks, I assure you.

I literally compressed that whole spring with my body weight while struggling to do so with a stock spring. Bottoming out in the rear only started to occur after switching out the OEMs with the Amazon ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    With TEIN shocks. Different story with the stock shocks, I assure you.

I literally compressed that whole spring with my body weight while struggling to do so with a stock spring. Bottoming out in the rear only started to occur after switching out the OEMs with the Amazon ones.
    We had raised it 3/4" because TEIN shocks are shorter and with OEM springs they were topping out and this is the height we wanted. If we had stock shocks we would likely need more either in the middle or at the seat (additional insulators). Many lowering springs have similar issue, This just an illustration on how to solve it.

Springs themselves are only soft until you compress middle section. I guesstimate at upper range rate is ~150lbs, and ~50lbs before that. OEM springs are 120-130lbs. Dual rate design makes sense if setup at balance point: different compression and expansion rates help to fight oscillation. If middle section wasn't locked out, then you would get what you should be on soft springs and not enough damping: seesaw.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 04-04-2016 at 10:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im doing stock shocks + amazon springs so.... who knows. I wanted lower as cheap as possible until a good coilover comes out. Springs, my new headunit and new front and rear speakers with all hardware needed to install coming tomorrow. So inshould have it done sometime by end of the week.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im doing stock shocks + amazon springs so.... who knows. I wanted lower as cheap as possible until a good coilover comes out. Springs, my new headunit and new front and rear speakers with all hardware needed to install coming tomorrow. So inshould have it done sometime by end of the week.
    Would be a good time to run to Lowe's and pick 2 rolls of Peel-n-Seal to soundproof doors.