Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006-2008 Honda Fit lowering springs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Would be a good time to run to Lowe's and pick 2 rolls of Peel-n-Seal to soundproof doors.
    funnily enough i've never sound dampened my doors in any car ive ever owned. granted, they were more expensive cars, i could imagine the mirage doors being thinner material for some reason. in the end though, IF im going to do such a thing, im gonna spend the extra $$$ and get the 2/3 layer second skin stuff, where each layer does stuff to make it amazing. would be like sitting in a bmw lol.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    funnily enough i've never sound dampened my doors in any car ive ever owned. granted, they were more expensive cars, i could imagine the mirage doors being thinner material for some reason. in the end though, IF im going to do such a thing, im gonna spend the extra $$$ and get the 2/3 layer second skin stuff, where each layer does stuff to make it amazing. would be like sitting in a bmw lol.
    We did just doors when replaced speakers last year, and I was shocked how much difference it made noise-wise. 4 doors needed 1.5 roll, $16ea. Same stuff as FatMat. Mirage metal is thin it is basically a tin can which resonates to everything. We will definitely do the floor panels when get time to put amp in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    We did just doors when replaced speakers last year, and I was shocked how much difference it made noise-wise. 4 doors needed 1.5 roll, $16ea. Same stuff as FatMat. Mirage metal is thin it is basically a tin can which resonates to everything. We will definitely do the floor panels when get time to put amp in.
    My other issue with sound deadening is the added weight. when you do just the doors it isn't too bad, when you get into doing the whole car every surface minus windows (lolz) you end up with added weight. I am more of a function over form kinda guy, and the added audio quality doesn't negate the weight addition. lol. But, in the end, I will have to see where I end up. I also have an 05 sti I want to build. So I technically have 2 project cars, just not sure which I wanna **** with. Right now its been the mirage. But I may end up tuning the scooby while I DD the mirage, or vice-versa DD the scooby and tune the Mirage. Decisions decisions lol

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    My other issue with sound deadening is the added weight. when you do just the doors it isn't too bad, when you get into doing the whole car every surface minus windows (lolz) you end up with added weight. I am more of a function over form kinda guy, and the added audio quality doesn't negate the weight addition. lol. But, in the end, I will have to see where I end up. I also have an 05 sti I want to build. So I technically have 2 project cars, just not sure which I wanna **** with. Right now its been the mirage. But I may end up tuning the scooby while I DD the mirage, or vice-versa DD the scooby and tune the Mirage. Decisions decisions lol
    Don't wallpaper it, ~50% is enough to kill sound. I tap fingers on surface and apply pieces on where it rings. Beware that front door skins and attachment plastic clips are buzzy.

We will probably add some to front floor panels/wheel wells at some point but I see no point to add weight in the rear. Muffler meant to be heard

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)