Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details

Replaced damaged left side mirror with aftermarket part from Rock Auto.

•  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.

•  
    •  

Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-25: Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-30: Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective.

•  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.
    I have an extra set of Enasaves from forum member Zero and monitor and note treadwear at oil changes.

•  
    Comments: 183 / Views: 25813
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,105 Posts
    I'm embarassed to say that I should be able to point to a good project on EcoModder, but I can't think of one. I know Daox has spent more time on variable & automated blocks.

I made a "manual" one that simply had a series of "flaps" I could open as need be.

I'd like to have one that would simply let me start off the trip in fully closed, then open flaps remotely as the drivetrain warms up enough.

I like a variable block that's just enough for the load/ambent temps. EG: today the cooling fan briefly came on 2 or 3 times on a 100 km / 60 mile back roads trip (80 km/h = 50 mph posted limit). If I'd been driving faster or if it were hotter, I'd have needed to open another flap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 773 Posts
    Yeah, I recall you (or Tim) posted some variable grill blocks, or maybe you were using the Ford Fiesta design for an example. Which is pretty cool. Louvers if I remember correctly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Yup, Tim was working on one:

If you feel like some reading:

Automatically actuated grill block - Mk3

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Speck is giving the same symptoms described here. After a year and a half it looks like I'm due to replace the batteries in my F.A.S.T. keys.
    I still haven't replaced this battery and I still see the security key warning indicator on my dash upon startup. Speck still starts though.

I try to minimize it's usage in hopes of extending the battery's life. I've noticed the car will query my key every time I step on the clutch until I start the motor. It also hits the key every time I push a door button to unlock the car. If I want to unlock all doors, I'll use the button at the tailgate rather than hit the driver's door button twice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.6 mpg (Imp)