Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 275193
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I added a few photos to some of my albums. Take a look at Comparisons as I was able to park alongside a 2017. I find it interesting to note the differences between the two, and it appears there are more changes than I thought. I think I like my mail slot better.

If I'm able I'll take more photos of Speck alongside other model cars. I thought a photo by the BMW would be funny.

Last edited by Eggman; 06-04-2016 at 08:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I made another fuel log entry. It appears my fuel consumption is steady on 51 miles per gallon. I thought it would be worse because I wasn't as careful driving around on this tank, and I did little highway miles.

I still want to change out that factory oil. One of these days...

Until next time - cheerio!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (06-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I made another fuel log entry. It appears my fuel consumption is steady on 51 miles per gallon. I thought it would be worse because I wasn't as careful driving around on this tank, and I did little highway miles.

I still want to change out that factory oil. One of these days...

Until next time - cheerio!
    I drive my car for a living. I actually accidentally smoked a 90's Acura the other day as some idiots blasting their crappy music tried to race me. They spun their wheels for 5 seconds strait and were rewarded with my tail lights. They then ran a red light and dipped into the gas station to try and lose me, but they didn't know that was my destination lol. No eye contact from them was made haha. I averaged 27.5MPG that day...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm curious HitShane, does anyone ever stop and ask you what you've got in your Mirage? I'm sure not everyone dismisses these little cars. What comments do you get?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm curious HitShane, does anyone ever stop and ask you what you've got in your Mirage? I'm sure not everyone dismisses these little cars. What comments do you get?
    I have had Mirage owners ask me about the wheels and rear bar because you can see them. Lots of people ask me what the car is in general. I did put some decals on my car as a joke so those that don't know probably are intimidated and those that do know, know better lol. UR decal, Ralliart decal, Small Mobile 1 decal on the front tow hook cover. NextGenTuning decal. I did put a Metal TURBO decal above the Mitsubishi one on the back too haha. Along with my T Rex eating a jesus fish above the stock Mirage decal in the back. I think a pair of balls hanging from the rear tow hook would finish it off. Maybe even a Tokyo subway handle hanging instead of the balls.

It's very hot here though and everyone drives with their windows up and I don't even stop long enough to talk with people. No one is that interested in this little car. The average vehicle cost where I live is probably $100k.

Please don't ever take my replies as negative. I am just a very realistic person with no filter. I can't help but tell the truth hahahahahaa...
    Last edited by HitShane; 06-16-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    Please don't ever take my replies at negative. I am just a very realistic person with no filter. I can't help but tell the truth hahahahahaa...
    No worries there! I completely understand.

It's been pretty warm up here too, but this is no Florida. I can still drive with my windows down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No worries there! I completely understand.

It's been pretty warm up here too, but this is no Florida. I can still drive with my windows down.
    105°F index today :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow. The National Weather Service is forecasting upper 80s with a chance of thunderstorms down in St. Pete. At least a nice afternoon shower can cool things off for you.

We were down there for spring break. It was nice to escape the snow, even for a brief week.

Yesterday we were at Cedar Point and took a beating in the heat riding the rides.

Ride on!
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-25-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added link for Cedar Point info.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Another fuel log entry. Nice bump in numbers is attributable mostly to more highway miles on this tank. Speeds while on the highway was kept around 50 - 55 mph.

Today I ran out the gas (well, I didn't really run out of gas, just tried to use up what was in the tank...) on this tank trying pulse and glide for the first time and was impressed with how much less fuel was consumed. I read more about this on 3dplane's garage entry thread. Thanks 3dplane!

It's a beautiful, sunny & warm day with temps around 85℉. Still basking in the Cavalier's win... It's like a comet coming to visit - one that might not be around again in my lifetime. I'll enjoy it while I can. Go Cavs!

On that note, my apologies to all other sports fans who *might* perceive any hint of gloating. I hope the Cavaliers 2016 NBA championship win doesn't put off anyone, near or far. I can tell you this - that we understand the sting of rooting for your team only to watch them lose - again and again. We are quite familiar with those dynamics. Please accept my apologies.

Until next time, cheers!
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-25-2016 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Clarified gas tank phrasing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, does anyone else make fuel log entries at fueleconomy.gov? I see there's not many owners making fuel log entries there.

I've been entering mine just as I've made entries here. Look for the 2015 Mirage entries here. The CVT and 5MT models for 2014 & 2015 can be found in a side-by-side comparison format here.