Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.

•  
    •  

Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-25: Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet.

•  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

•  
    Comments: 164 / Views: 21835
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hoowee it's cold! Temperatures in the single digits this past week. Fuel economy stinks but it sure beats walking. I think I'll be lucky to average 40 mpg this tank.

The Dunlop Wintermaxx tires are holding up fine - although we haven't had enough snowfall to really test them out.

The TPMS warning light doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Also, the block heater has been warming things up nicely. I'm seeing coolant temps consistently in the 80℉ range with about 90 minutes of use. My shabby warm air intake is running about 20℉ - to 30℉ above outside air temps. It's not as fancy as Top_Fuel's intake. Every little bit helps.

The problem is, with my relatively short commute to work Speck's coolant has been running around 150℉ - 160℉. I ought - need? - to get a nice grill block going. Heck, I'm even tempted to put cardboard across the radiator.

Hope everyone is doing well in this weather.

Cheers.

Last edited by Eggman; 01-06-2018 at 03:01 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A grill block will definitely help, especially if you do any higher speed travel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.1 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just scheduled a service appointment for my airbag recall in less than an hour. I just took off my warm air intake hose, restored the resonator and am now chowing down my soup lunch mmm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven’t done that recall yet. I just don’t feel like blowing an ENTIRE day to drive the 450 mile round trip to my nearest dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Recall is done. It took longer than I wished for but there were some circumstances that contributed.

1. My battery had leaked acid - noticeable by the corroded battery holder on top. That battery was replaced and a new holder will be ordered.

2. Apparently there was only one tech and a bunch of customers. Poor guy - I'll bet he was as busy as a one-armed wallpaper hanger. AND he was washing cars too. They handled things though.

Speck got washed, so that's nice. Then I drove and it got another salt-spray shower. Ick.

I'm thankful for my dealership - Sunnyside Mitsubishi. They continue to take care of me as a customer.

At least the temperatures warmed above freezing, and the sun was shining. In Cleveland, that's nice.