Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ECU fuel map recall

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure what all was changed, the service bulletin only mentioned improper fuel amounts during cold starts which could lead to "engine noise," and that engines already making "noise" would have to be replaced.

Though I'm not sure if it was like this before, but it's in closed loop during idle. Never bothered to notice if it was in open or closed loop before the reflash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had the ECU fuel remap done last week. Honestly..there MIGHT be just the slightest increse in start up smoothness, but this is far from academic here as I have nothing to quantify this.

After the car has warmed, DEFINITELY noticed NO difference which makes sense as it was a remap for fuel delivery during start up.

I reckon if your car was fine before the fuel remap notice, you won't notice anything after the ECU is updated like me. I was even contemplating just ignoring the service notice for the ECU update as I knew that after 2 years of driving w/ the vehicle without problems that I probably didn't 'need' it, but I just got too paranoid with the urgency of the red fonted envelope lol.

-Charlie-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Maybe it didn't get cold enough where you live to cause any noticeable problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-16-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got my recall notice this week. I do notice the sound sometimes, but I wouldn't really have thought anything was wrong with it had I not been reading here. Most cars are a bit louder on cold starts. It was about -10c when I started this morning.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Maybe it didn't get cold enough where you live to cause any noticeable problems.
    THAT is certainly a possibility with me being here in sunny FL. Though me and my car have definitely been through days in the low 30's F with no audible difference in engine noise, albeit nothing compared to people living in more northern latitudes. So the recall's definitely great for people living in Canada or farther up north in the U.S. than FL..which is basically every state lol!

-Charlie-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-16-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had all the recalls fixed on Monday. Was in and out in less than an hour. The guys at the dealer were surprised to see all that I have done to the car since the last time I was in. I don't notice any changes in the way it runs. I did have an issue with it not wanting to start once over the winter. Only happened once and has been fine since.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've just got back from my visit for the reflash and wire harness inspection.

I was a bit concerned over the possibility of oil dilution at first but since I changed it at
    half the recommended mileage/month for the first two periods and used a block heater
    when it was cold, I figure I'm golden.

The dealer noticed that I "tampered" with my wiring behind the kick panel and installed my own
    shield so they said they " couldn't work on it" as it stood ..... I didn't argue as my job was
    probably as good or better than theirs.

I noticed the CVT "shift points" had changed after the reflash (scangauge 2) , that and the fuel
    delivery changes may improve my FE in the city at least....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)