Thread: What's the difference between cloud white and pearl white?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

What's the difference between cloud white and pearl white?

This seems like a dumb question...but I can't figure it out.

I see new Mirages for sale...some listed as pearl white and some as cloud white. The Mitsubishi website only lists pearl white as a color (see image below). Was cloud white the old name or something...or are these 2 different shades of white? I can't tell from looking online, and my local dealer only has a pearl white in stock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pearl white has this flake in it that looks like little green and purple particles when the sun or light hits it. I saw one the other day and thought it was neat! Looks like pearl or the inside of some shells flashing rainbow colors as the light angle changes.
    But I thought it was regular white until I was close up and noticed it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I think I need to actually go look at the pearl white one up close. When I drove through the dealer's lot the other day and looked at it (from about 10 feet away) it looked like a normal white color...just like you said.

So cloud white (which isn't even listed on the Mitsubishi website) must be a "normal" non-metallic white.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cloud white is kinda like the Wicked White of the Lancer. No flake or anything. The Pearl White is exactly that Have a pearlestant to it. Nice Flake in the paint.
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I lucked out and found a dealer that had a cloud white and pearl white in stock. From a few feet away, I literally couldn't tell the difference (it was cloudy outside). But once I got really close, I could make out the fine metallic in the pearl white. It's no wonder that I couldn't see a difference when looking at pictures online.

Unfortunately, they were both CVTs...so I have to keep looking.