Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should you decide to take advantage of the $3500rebate

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Should you decide to take advantage of the $3500rebate

What would you feel would be a reasonable $ trade for your 20xx xx-trim Mirage to encourage you to get a new one?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My local dealership quoted my mirage at 6000$ Probably will keep it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DirectNova For This Useful Post:

cortisol (03-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dealership across the board will offer you at least 2000$ less than a private buyer.

I recommend you try at least for a month to sell it via craigslist, eBay, autotrader, cars.com and so forth
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I go to CarMax and get their offer, then use that for leverage, but if your car is not new enough they probably won't make an offer. The dealership is probably not interested in a car over 10 years old.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    I go to CarMax and get their offer, then use that for leverage, but if your car is not new enough they probably won't make an offer. The dealership is probably not interested in a car over 10 years old.

regards
    mech
    I have used the Car Max written offer three times in the last three new car negotiations. Each time the dealer honored the Car Max written offer. Car Max is good, but I assess them on the low end of a fair offer. However, less hassle at the new car dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had a guy at my dealership try to trade his 14 Mirage for a 15. Since we now have a 3500 Rebate. His Trade value went down too. Mirage's are cars you keep until they die, or you can get rid of for peanuts. I plan to sell my Mirage for like $1,000 or w.e 10 or so years down the road. Lol.
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes,

THe mirage is like underwear....you wear it until it gives up the ghost.

You drive it until the wheels fall off. I knew that going in, I mean who the heck is going to buy a stickshift economy car in 6 years?

I already calculated it at the $10,000 price to drive it for 10 years, comes out to $1000 per year. And after 2 years I could dumb down the insurance to the bare bones coverage which will save thousands of dollars just in itself.

And god forbid you come back from the parking lot of Walmart and see that someone has smashed into your Mirage and ran away anonymously you wont be crying yourself to sleep with the barrel of a revolver in your mouth like the owner of a Mercedes C300

I have owned plenty of expensive cars in the past and it is so liberating to be able to relax and not constantly worrying about car thieves, vandals or the con-men that cause car accidents on purpose in order to sue you for a phony neck injury

You can really fly under the radar with this car and hide your wealth.... You could have $5000 in cash in your glove box and the crooks would walk right by your car without even stopping to look in the windows.

The valet parkers that love to steal wont even bother to flip down your sunvisor to steal the hundred dollar bill you concealed in the flip-mirror.

THe Mirage is the ultimate sleeper for high income individuals that want to hide to the world how much money they really have, LoL

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2016),inuvik (03-11-2016),IwantaMirage (05-26-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    One thing I don't need to hide is my non existent car payment. Last house payment was 20 years ago. When you have neither, you don't need a huge income to enjoy life quite nicely. Built two houses after I sold my shop, gain from the first one paid for the second.
    Nice making $100 and hour tax free.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    One thing I don't need to hide is my non existent car payment. Last house payment was 20 years ago. When you have neither, you don't need a huge income to enjoy life quite nicely. Built two houses after I sold my shop, gain from the first one paid for the second.
    Nice making $100 and hour tax free.

regards
    mech
    Thats a great strategy mech. You've got life figured out (the financial portion)

I feel sorry for the people that work like animals, begging for as much overtime as they can get. THey have a cableTV bill of over $200 per month (deluxe package), they have an iPhone 6 on contract with AT&T paying thru the nose over $100 per month, They have a car payment over $500 per month on a car with a moonroof, Navigation system and all the other useless Dealer add-ons, They stop at Starbucks on the way to work every day for a $7 coffee, THey lack the self-restaint to order a glass of water at a restaurant and insist on appetizers and desert at the restaurant.

Their credit cards are maxed out, they make minimum payments and pay 24% APR

They earn over $60,000 per year and on December 29th their savings/checking account has $14 in it

THat is how my sister lives her life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    My local dealership quoted my mirage at 6000$ Probably will keep it.
    me too!