Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappy fragile paint!!!

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Status update:

Went to mitsubish motors today, they said it is a nice car with the money it i worth. Not only this car has problems: vw up, opel karl and all cheap cars. the bubbles I had he told me it was the zink forming bubbles and not rust. He said rust will not form this quick. My stearing wheel being off I also told him. He said that he can understand the strugle of a stearing wheel being off. So he asked someone else and they told him I had to pay for this even though I have a service contract with them. The reason being, I should repport this as soon as I noticed it and before 2500 km(because then it could be a put hole I ran in to) He did a favor to me and said that this would be done even though I had 15k km on the clock. He told me the new mirages they have also have stearing wheels being off from the factory. So my my tip would be to close chips with paint before they form rust!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like things didn't go as you had hoped..sorry man.

I was thinking it was going to be a tough sell to convince of a warranty issue.

So let me get this straight, they basically said 'tough luck' for both your issues of the paint and steering alignment?

-Charlie-

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Sounds like things didn't go as you had hoped..sorry man.

I was thinking it was going to be a tough sell to convince of a warranty issue.

So let me get this straight, they basically said 'tough luck' for both your issues of the paint and steering alignment?

-Charlie-
    Yeah man they say paint is not the toughest on these eco cars. They will fix my wheel alignment though

But yeah I tried to do my best claiming my warranties...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know its an old thread but wanted to respond now I have owned the car for a little over 1 year and the paint is very low quality.

I have a spot on the roof with a huge chip and I can see rust forming now. And this is in a car that is only 1 year old.

And in Florida where I live it only rains about once per week.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My paint is in absolute miserable condition as well.

Pretty much my entire front "lip" is permanently scuffed from hitting cones on autocross track. Other cars show no or much less wear from the cones.

My roof is now plastidip black. (A really poor job to boot lol) because the roof is scratched terribly bad (15+ 10" scrapes) from loading my kayak. This is probably my fault, but I've never really had issues loading or sliding it on other cars.

Countless nicks/dents.... The list goes on.

Pretty sure I'm going to bedline the roof at some point but I'm a little concerned with the wrinkle finish ruining my MPGs lol (seriously)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In fact, the paint is extremely soft. In the very first days I scratched the door handle just by grabbing it when it had some dust on it. Probably that's why the Owner Manual advises to not wash the car in brush-equipped car washes. It's an cheap car after all.

There is another thread here on the same issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I expect my car's paint to wear off. I have a Yakima Flair constantly pressing on the top of my car. I found that it left indents in the paint from having the flair pressing on it for half a year. I don't mind it however. Car paint will get scratched from door dings and such. My corolla has so many scratches that I don't even care anymore.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I have a Yakima Flair
    I forgot about your roof rack! Do you suppose you could post some pictures of the assembly? It would be interesting to see the details such as what parts you are using, the towers, how they are fastened & secured to the Mirage roof, etc. I know Yakima sells *many* different components for their systems, with a lot of different configurations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I forgot about your roof rack! Do you suppose you could post some pictures of the assembly? It would be interesting to see the details such as what parts you are using, the towers, how they are fastened & secured to the Mirage roof, etc. I know Yakima sells *many* different components for their systems, with a lot of different configurations.
    I have a Rhino Rack, generic roof rack, and a yakima flair. The flair was from an old Yakima rack. I bought the flai separately for $20. If you still want I could get some pics of the whole thing but I dont really have to to disassemble anything.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I have a Rhino Rack, generic roof rack, and a yakima flair. The flair was from an old Yakima rack. I bought the flai separately for $20. If you still want I could get some pics of the whole thing but I dont really have to to disassemble anything.
    Of course - I don't want you to take anything apart. I used the word 'assembly' as a noun, not verb. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But yeah, pics. I think it would be good to show others what you are using and how it all fits on the Mirage. It's funny with these little cars - that when browsing for parts it's still hard to find stuff that will work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)