Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappy fragile paint!!!

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

Crappy fragile paint!!!

Am I the only one experienceing crappy fragile paint? Like the car only has 15k km. I don't drive on the highway(thereby no rock and chip marks on the front glass), I have a really long distance from cars ahead of me as I don't want their rock and dhips on my hood or car at all. But even though I take all this precautions I always get rock and chip marks on the hood and also dicsovered a lot of them on my passenger door(even ones with a little bit of rust under them because of a small bubble under the chip hole). Keep in mind this car has mudflaps. I wash this car by hand, and I even wax the car more than one time a month every month. The car is black metallic, Space star from 2015 and this is unacceptible for a new car this well maintained. I will show them the car on monday. I will not go from there withouth their approval of crappy painting from mitsu!!! I'm pissed, Period!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I think there are a couple other threads about this here. Just a cheap car!

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think there are a couple other threads about this here. Just a cheap car!
    I know but if a fly makes a hole that is definately not okay with me. quality against corrosion should be highest priority if they want their cars to shine on the road...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let us know how this turns out. I'm not exactly happy about the durability of the paint either but I just chalked it up to it being an economical car.

Just don't be too much of an 'angry customer' barging into the dealership ready to raise hell. The person attending to you there did not mix the paint, nor did they apply it to your vehicle. If you're able to get somewhere with this issue though w/ Mitsubishi, please reply back to let us know, good luck!

-Charlie-

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Let us know how this turns out. I'm not exactly happy about the durability of the paint either but I just chalked it up to it being an economical car.

Just don't be too much of an 'angry customer' barging into the dealership ready to raise hell. The person attending to you there did not mix the paint, nor did they apply it to your vehicle. If you're able to get somewhere with this issue though w/ Mitsubishi, please reply back to let us know, good luck!

-Charlie-
    Thanks for your help Charlie... I will not be angry when meeting them, also I have a great contact with the person we bougth the car from, so he knows me. I will show them my problem and I will let him talk for me. I waxed my car yesterday and I just waxed it 5 min ago can't be my fault. I will keep you guys updated. When I bought the car my money was all okay. But I feel like the car is not worth the money I gave, so I will complain about this. Hopefully Mitsu gain enough complaints about this so they will more likely do something for us. Have a nice day everyone...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleartec For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Now, I'm no paint expert.

But I often wonder if the newer galvanized sheet metal panels are experiencing problems with paint adhesion.

I suppose that could be one explanation as to the ease of paint chipping on these cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

But I often wonder if the newer galvanized sheet metal panels are experiencing problems with paint adhesion.

I suppose that could be one explanation as to the ease of paint chipping on these cars.

Could be aswell... A company I know owns a Nissan note, It drives a lot of highway and the car is used heavy on the highway, but I can't see any chip marks neither on hood or side panels, that paint is rock solid, eh

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Also keep in mind my side mirrors don't have galvanizing or my front bumper

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is unfortunately not a mirage fault, this is a Mitsubishi fault. A co worker had a 2011 lancer and I am sure half of the paint was missing from the front bumper with 100k miles. She had it repainted with a evo bumper about a year ago and has no major paint issues anymore. It's the price we pay for a affordable car, just expect if you buy a mirage that you need to take precautions such as plasti dip covering, or expect to reprint your bumper at 4-5 years. She paid approx $300 to get her front bumper professionally repainted, which to me is not a bad trade off for owning a Mitsubishi.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    This is unfortunately not a mirage fault, this is a Mitsubishi fault. A co worker had a 2011 lancer and I am sure half of the paint was missing from the front bumper with 100k miles. She had it repainted with a evo bumper about a year ago and has no major paint issues anymore. It's the price we pay for a affordable car, just expect if you buy a mirage that you need to take precautions such as plasti dip covering, or expect to reprint your bumper at 4-5 years. She paid approx $300 to get her front bumper professionally repainted, which to me is not a bad trade off for owning a Mitsubishi.
    I really don't care about my bumper I'm concerned about how easely the paint can chip of from the metal work. The metal is more likely to get rusted if not treated. My bumper is made out of plastic... If I want to keep the car for a long period of time I can forget about this thought, because the car will soon rust away

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleartec For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-14-2017)