Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT!!!: Steering wheel being off(not going straight)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

Exclamation IMPORTANT!!!: Steering wheel being off(not going straight)

Mitsubishi in Denmark recives new space stars every day with a steering wheel being off not going straight from the factory(it is more noticeable when having adults sitting in the back of the car) . Soon as possible if you notice this and before 2500 km go and tell them your problem otherwise they are not willing to pay for it(because of potholes). I will get mine fixed also on friday with their money... This is in Denmark and it is about the space star 2015!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine is off-centre too since about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to text my seller this week to see what he can do. It's unacceptable for it to be pulling to the right at 5000km.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpon View Post
    Mine is off-centre too since about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to text my seller this week to see what he can do. It's unacceptable for it to be pulling to the right at 5000km.
    I know your car is like two weeks they will need to pay for this!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Other than obvious damage, rear alignment would be my first suspicion.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Other than obvious damage, rear alignment would be my first suspicion.

regards
    mech
    On ours rear alignment was fine, but front was slightly toe-out. That together with lack of negative camber difference contributed to off-center feel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-14-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    On ours rear alignment was fine, but front was slightly toe-out. That together with lack of negative camber difference contributed to off-center feel.
    I could have same problem as you cyclopathic, but if it is rear there is nothing to do

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    I could have same problem as you cyclopathic, but if it is rear there is nothing to do
    When you take it to the dealer, make sure they center the steering wheel, and have it test drive before leaving. On ours the problem was worse after the alignment, but since they gave the printout and marked factory setting, I end up correcting it myself (didn't feel like killing another day at dealership for 20min worth of correction).

On Mirage tie-rods 1/6 of the turn corresponds to 0.2 degree of toe correction, and to fix the problem it only needed it on one side.

The steering on Mirage is overboosted for such small car and numb, and narrow tires don't help it either. Even with wider 185/60 tires and camber kit it is still not communicative. I think 2017 model has different strut bearings to correct some it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    When you take it to the dealer, make sure they center the steering wheel, and have it test drive before leaving. On ours the problem was worse after the alignment, but since they gave the printout and marked factory setting, I end up correcting it myself (didn't feel like killing another day at dealership for 20min worth of correction).

On Mirage tie-rods 1/6 of the turn corresponds to 0.2 degree of toe correction, and to fix the problem it only needed it on one side.

The steering on Mirage is overboosted for such small car and numb, and narrow tires don't help it either. Even with wider 185/60 tires and camber kit it is still not communicative. I think 2017 model has different strut bearings to correct some it.
    Thanks for the help, I will make sure they test the car afterwards, with me in the car in the back , as I felt the problem being more intrussive at this point...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

So you saying we only need to adjust it on one side of the wheel?
    "On Mirage tie-rods 1/6 of the turn corresponds to 0.2 degree of toe correction, and to fix the problem it only needed it on one side."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    So you saying we only need to adjust it on one side of the wheel?
    "On Mirage tie-rods 1/6 of the turn corresponds to 0.2 degree of toe correction, and to fix the problem it only needed it on one side."
    If you are uncertain about this, you might want to let a mechanic do this on an alignment rack.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)