Thread: 2015 Attrage (Thailand built for Laos market) rattling/clicking sound when A/C on

Country
    Laos
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Attrage (Thailand built for Laos market) rattling/clicking sound when A/C on

CVT version, 2 months old with over 4,500 KM.
    It makes a rattling sound when I turn on AC, it stops when AC off. The sound is coming some where under neath the engine, definitely not from the radiator fan or belts. I'M surprised how powerful and very smooth ride and engine it. Thank you beforehand.
    I LOVE MY ATTRAGE because I can drive my kids around town with a litre of gas and still be able to pay for food and beer

I would like to add that I just noticed it yesterday while on park and idling.

Last edited by Kina; 03-14-2016 at 11:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kina For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-14-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post
    It makes a rattling sound when I turn on AC, it stops when AC off. The sound is coming some where under neath the engine, definitely not from the radiator fan or belts. I'M surprised how powerful and very smooth ride and engine it. Thank you beforehand.
    I LOVE MY ATTRAGE because I can drive my kids around town with a litre of gas and still be able to pay for food and beer
    Nice to hear, but take it to mitsu they should do this under warranty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post

Honestly I think it may be just the normal sounds of the a/c compressor. I've had my Mirage for over 2 years now and it has always had a rattle kind of sound when the a/c kicks on. Worried me at first too but the a/c has been blowing ice cold for two years so I suspected it was just normal for it to make weird sounds
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Get it checked as it may be low on refrigerant. The refrigerant has a lubricant, and you don't want it running low on that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)