Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Not very happy with my new Mirage purchase. (Mostly the ride quality)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    And now that there is no longer a 48 hour "cooling off period" that you can return the car for a refund. [Thank you very much ACLU for that....basterds].
    This is news to me. Where did you hear about this? I'd like to know more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "there is no longer a 48 hour "cooling off period" that you can return the car for a refund"

He is absolutely correct. It specifies that on my agreement.

You can however work something out with the dealership before you sign the agreement. Something I read after the fact.
    Last edited by itsonme; 03-20-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But how is the ACLU involved in this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But how is the ACLU involved in this?
    Hmmm, I dunno..... I heard some drunk say that at a party once and never bothered to look it up to confirm it.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol! Those basterds!

Don't let the basterds grind you down.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itsonme (03-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    An update:

After I bought my car, I sent emails to every Mitsubishi Corporate person I could find (after my 5-6 hour trip) I actually got a call back a couple days later, and I expressed my dislike for the suspension on the Mirage. I also made it more than clear that driving the Mirage hurt my neck and back. M.M.N.A. informed me that there was nothing they could do and it was between the Dealership and myself.

The next day I got a call back from MMNA and was informed a case would be opened, I was given a case# told I would get a call from someone the following Monday (this past Monday) On Monday "Lupe" called from MMNA and the end result was that it was still between the dealership and myself.

Yesterday, Lupe called me again. She wanted to know if the Dealership was in contact with me and how that was going. I told her the Dealership was working out numbers on a 2015 Outlander. We also got into an indepth conversation about the suspension on the Mirage (again) I also asked, if I improved the suspension would that jeopardize the warranty? I was given a full lecture about what is says in the Handbook. The quick answer, yes, it would definitely jeopardize the warranty (and this is the complete opposite of what the Dealership told me)

I was told that there were roundtable meetings in Mitsubishi Motors North America and my concerns have been discussed. For whatever that is worth.

So, the Dealership gets back to me last night. The offer for the Mirage is 8,500. More than I expected. It will still be almost a 2,700.00 loss (with taxes,tags,etc) and even trading in a Motorcycle the payments would be more than I would like on the Outlander. So, it looks like I will be keeping the Mirage.

I just turned 500 miles. Not even sure how that happened? The mileage adds up. I read a comment from someone that they have a "love-hate" relationship with the Mirage. Well, me too. In spite of the car still bothering my neck driving it, I like driving it. The 5 speed is fun. I am however going to have to firm up the suspension, and add the rear sway bar. Regardless of everything.

Yesterday I filled the car up, completely on E....it was less than $14.00. That is just funny!

Peace...Name:  tradeinvalue 005.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  88.2 KB
    Last edited by itsonme; 03-26-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Immediately flipping a new car is always going to hurt your wallet...no matter what you buy. Hope the Outlander works for you.

Edit: Oops. Just reread and I see that you are keeping the Mirage. When gas goes crazy again, your neck might just start to not hurt so much!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Gas here is up almost 50 cents in a month. Guess my Mirage is appreciating.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    US Federal law disallows the warranty from being voided because you've installed aftermarket parts
    unless it can be shown that those parts caused the failure
    If the part you installed caused a failure you would rely on their warranty
    Read the Magnuson-Moss Act

11. The Following User Says Thank You to poorman1 For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (03-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman1 View Post
    US Federal law disallows the warranty from being voided because you've installed aftermarket parts
    unless it can be shown that those parts caused the failure
    If the part you installed caused a failure you would rely on their warranty
    Read the Magnuson-Moss Act
    Yep. Back in the day, manufacturers would try to welch out on engine warranties because you installed an aftermarket RADIO. They can't do that anymore.

Gotta be careful with mods, though...