Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Not very happy with my new Mirage purchase. (Mostly the ride quality)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonme View Post
    I respect the fact that this is a Mirage forum so this is all I will say, the actual driving is the difference between night and day.
    hehe... you're always welcome here! we still have our lounge for assistance if needed. i've trusted this site since i got my mirage and knowing theres a bunch of mechanics here that i dont really understand their language when talking about engine parts, computations etc. but its funny that it urges me to learn/read/find those things on my own after reading their comments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman1 View Post
    US Federal law disallows the warranty from being voided because you've installed aftermarket parts
    unless it can be shown that those parts caused the failure
    If the part you installed caused a failure you would rely on their warranty
    Read the Magnuson-Moss Act

I was talking with one of the "Higher ups" in MMNA. I can only tell you that I was told if there were ANY modifications to the suspension that it would indeed make the warranty null and void.

I asked the Dearlership the same question. They said, if you upgrade the suspension and something goes wrong with the engine, you are good, the upgrades to the suspension would have nothing to do with the engine malfunction.

I told MMNA what the dearlership said, Lupe commented "The dealership will tell you anything"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Federal law trumps MMNA and Dealership

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poorman1 For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (03-28-2016),Daox (03-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @itsonme,

Oh, okay. I understand.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the Kia Soul. Good luck, my friend.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The suspension could stand to be stiffer on the mirage, for sure. I also live in WV, and have about miles of back roads to travel before I get to a reasonable road. You've got to balance the need to keep your momentum up with the risk that you'll rub you ear on the pavement on the tight corners. This has slowed me down a bit. I may eventually do some suspension mods. I think it would improve the driving experience.

the seat isn't the most comfortable that I've ever sat in, but I can deal with it. I do have a strong dislike for the headrest. It could stand to be about 2cm further back. It would make all the difference. Those minor complaints aside, I do love the little car.

I'm glad things worked out for you eventually.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 42.1 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    I was bored at work and really enjoyed reading the all thread. I'm glad it all worked out to bad you had to lose on the trade, but life is made of choices and i think, in the long run, you made the right one for you

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would not take a Hit by returning the car. $2000 is a LOT of money to throw out in the course of one week on a cheap car.
    In good faith, they would keep like $500 and take it to sell for the same you paid... but if you cannot do that, then I would ask if they can at least add some seat heaters. They can be added to non G4 cars for about $100-200 range per seat for the factory set up like in the G4 SE/GT. Maybe they would comp that? Should help with seat comfort. If pushed to the wall they won't comp the butt and lower back warmers...
    I would see about paying to have them installed at cost. Likely about $100 a seat, it is mostly labor, the mechanism is cheap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I would not take a Hit by returning the car. $2000 is a LOT of money to throw out in the course of one week on a cheap car.
    In good faith, they would keep like $500 and take it to sell for the same you paid... but if you cannot do that, then I would ask if they can at least add some seat heaters. They can be added to non G4 cars for about $100-200 range per seat for the factory set up like in the G4 SE/GT. Maybe they would comp that? Should help with seat comfort. If pushed to the wall they won't comp the butt and lower back warmers...
    I would see about paying to have them installed at cost. Likely about $100 a seat, it is mostly labor, the mechanism is cheap.
    The problem is that probably the Dealership already realized that the Seller had made up his mind that he did not want the car anymore so that fact put him in a terrible position to negotiate.

Its like a man dying of thirst in the Sahara trying to negotiate the price of a bottled water. He would be at the mercy of the water bottle salesman and have to accept any price

Also car dealerships could care less about "Good Faith", we know they are a bunch of crooks and we cant be surprised when they "Act like a bunch of crooks".

I agree that it would have been nice for the dealership to act decent. But they showed him the same courtesy that a Lion would show a wounded/limping gazelle in the jungle.

And if we are all fed up with this corrupt and antiquated system of car Dealerships than lets all just stop buying new cars from the Dealership and instead save up our cash and buy a used car from a private party. Thats the only way they will get the message.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    $2600 was certainly excessive. They just made fat profit and will sell it for over 11 grand likely, anyway. Extra 2 grand for a car to get 250 miles of use. Wow.

One time a friend of mine went to buy a toyota pick up new back in 93. Just a base no bumper model with no ac or anything like that.

He was going there to get some touch up paint for the 89 he had that he totally thrashed. That truck was still in his dad's name, but somehow they managed to convince him to trade it in, and buy a new one.

Needless to say, they charged him 10 grand for a $6500-7500 base truck. Took the other one in awaiting the title to be turned in latet that week. When he told his dad he was LIVID. NO way. Take it back.

Well, my friend put over 1000 miles on it. The dealer said they cannot take it back. I went with them and explained that the truck they took was not my friend's truck. It was his dad's. He is not okay with the new truck and trade.

They were not budging.. so somehow in the conversation I got them clear down to $6700 because they did not want to need to take the truck with over 1k miles on it.

We said we did not want it, just the truck we left off back.

Finally, I threatened to call and DID call the police.

They quickly accepted $500 and the truck back. Cancelled it all.

Anyway, I am no fan of dealers messing with people and won't take their crap.