Thread: ECU Tuners

Country
    United States
    Thanks

ECU Tuners

Has anyone tried tuning their Mirage? And also is there any good tuners out there that'll work good on the mirage if there is such a thing lol?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NotoriousJT For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-17-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJT View Post
    Has anyone tried tuning their Mirage? And also is there any good tuners out there that'll work good on the mirage if there is such a thing lol?
    In my country I know scantune. They ecu tune every single car. They also tuned a vw up, so it is possible

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ME personally, I plan to buy the Haltech ecu 750 elite, its a bit pricey, but for what I need it will work flawlessly. The original elite was way to expensive at about 2300, the new 750 mini is like 1100 or so, but I will need it when I turbo, no point going cheap with crappy unreliable fuel tweakers or piggy backs.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    why oem ecu can control absolute everything and is flashable

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiram6G74 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram6G74 View Post
    And whi has the tools to do it? The magical unicorn fairy? As far as i know people who could crack it so we can tune either refuse or have yet to do so. You cant just tap in and start tuning. Also i doubt the oem ecu can handle boosted vehicles as the parameters arent there. Even honda ecus get chipped before a tune. The only car ive ever owned not needing an external ecu or chipping was my sti, you can flash the oem ecu but even that only goes so far power wise. When you start getting into custom work over ****ty bolt-ons a real ecu is needed.

Also, ive already contacted haltech (update past this old thread) and they straight up told me to use the haltech elite 1500 side by side with the oem ecu and they lay have a harness if the orm ecu pinout matches any of their harness kits (which it very may well).

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Hi, so just would like to ask, if any piggyback such as the emanage or ecushop would do any good on our little 1.2 (consider stock)? I have also heard from our local shop that they can do a remap on our stock ecu as well.. anyone can offer any advice?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Wow. This is interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram6G74 View Post
    More details please. It would be interesting to learn more about how the OEM ECU can be flashed.

Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    Also i doubt the oem ecu can handle boosted vehicles as the parameters arent there.
    namco, I would like to learn more about what you know about the Mirage OEM ECU and it's parameters. It sounds as if you have been able to view these parameters yourself, so I hope you can provide more details on this.

Good stuff here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)