Thread: Request: Pictures of the under carriage and additionals.

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Request: Pictures of the under carriage and additionals.

Anyone able and willing to take some detailed pictures of there Mirage from the underside on a lift possibly? We have a couple of months till I can see one personally but I'm already plotting evil things and interested in what kind of room I am going to be working with.

Looking for details on exhaust routing, when and where the axle back connects, what kind of room i have for additional pipping along side the factory piping, size and location of catalytic converters, diameters of the exhaust pipes and such. Additionally if you have the sway bars I would love to see a couple of pics of that too, specifically the ends of the bars where it connects to the tie rod ends. I'm praying that the sway bars come on the US spec models but its hard to say as of yet.

Also wandering if anyone knows for sure if the cars MAF or MAP based and/or if it has both like most other typical Mitsubishi's?

Anyone who's able to accommodate me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Did you find the images of the underside of the car/anti-roll bars you were looking for? There are some in this thread -- Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

And one of our U.S. members, blownb310, captured some video of the underside of the Mirage that debuted at the NY auto show that might be helpful:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4Ab47VA6Q

From: U.S. debut - 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage @ New York auto show: details, photos, specs
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen them yet. I would still like something a little more elaborate though. Trying to get an idea where the stock flanges are becouse I'm looking to do a direct bolt up setup. I'm also looking for a large areas to stick stuff as well so its all helpful. At this point I'm hoping there's enough room behind the rear sub frame becouse all that's looking a little tight for what I have planned. Does look like there's plenty of room for piping. Be it 3" turbo exhaust or stock exit and 2.25" return pipes.

- What's the stock exhaust size if anyone knows?

- What's the size of the throttle body inlet if anyone's bored enough to take a look.

- I've seen some pictures of a car with a MAF and others with no MAF. I'm really curious what the deal is on that front. The Maf housing looked small and built into the air box which will prove difficult if there's no open source for the car, which is more then likely.

I know its a lot of questions but what can I say, I'm enthusiastic.

Still looking...
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    enter: "2014 mitsubishi mirage undercarriage views" on utube, by blownb310 thats the best I've seen

Yup, here's jamiec's pics from this thread: New Mirage here now in Australia.

=-================================================== =============

And blownb310's video:

=-================================================== =============

And there are pics of the underside from Ultra Racing, in this thread:
    Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was looking for one more angle but this should work. Its easier to piece it together in my head with all the pictures line up, thanks boss.

So you have a header down pipe of some sort that *HOPEFULLY* bolts to the top of the catalytic converter, that bolts to a one piece cat back which includes a resonator, a muffler, and a second resonator with raw pipe exiting the vehicle.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    Anyone able and willing to take some detailed pictures of there Mirage from the underside on a lift possibly? We have a couple of months till I can see one personally but I'm already plotting evil things and interested in what kind of room I am going to be working with.

Looking for details on exhaust routing, when and where the axle back connects, what kind of room i have for additional pipping along side the factory piping, size and location of catalytic converters, diameters of the exhaust pipes and such. Additionally if you have the sway bars I would love to see a couple of pics of that too, specifically the ends of the bars where it connects to the tie rod ends. I'm praying that the sway bars come on the US spec models but its hard to say as of yet.

Also wandering if anyone knows for sure if the cars MAF or MAP based and/or if it has both like most other typical Mitsubishi's?

Anyone who's able to accommodate me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    phew,

finally i can find people enthusiast in this baby mirage