Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I return my Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    That's a good question, as data is still being collected. I'm not sure of any other owners who are tracking this alignment issue (that is, with periodic alignment checks), but from what I understand it doesn't appear to be getting worse.

Your contribution helps the community - much thanks for posting the results.

Gracias.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ajal87 (03-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajal87 View Post
    I guess I shouldn't sweat it much if it's not a progressive issue that will get worse over time, since it doesn't appear to be a major deviation from spec. Does this generally get worse over time or will it pretty much stay at this measurement?
    Since the rear axle is fixed with no adjustment it will stay the same unless you bend it or whack it somehow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Since the rear axle is fixed with no adjustment it will stay the same unless you bend it or whack it somehow.
    So, in other words, it should be fine as long as I avoid big pot holes and the like?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, in other words, it should be fine as long as I avoid big pot holes and the like?
    You'd have to hit a big one! Roads aren't that bad in the Metro area. They're not bad down here in Coos Bay either.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

ajal87 (03-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am calling a Mitsu dealer's service center tomorrow to see what they say, but I'm leaning toward keeping the vehicle since my alignment doesn't seem terrible and this doesn't sound like a progressive issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am calling a Mitsu dealer's service center tomorrow to see what they say, but I'm leaning toward keeping the vehicle since my alignment doesn't seem terrible and this doesn't sound like a progressive issue.
    Well, then it's time to start thinking about mods then. Tell us what you have in mind?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Well, then it's time to start thinking about mods then. Tell us what you have in mind?
    Didn't plan on modding. Sounds like you're suggesting that trying to live with it isn't a great idea?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would be happy if my printout was that close to specifications!

FYI I had the pleasure to see a 2015 mirage on the alignment machine and it was out the same as any of the other 17 mirages I saw on the alignment machine.(2014s) I think all of them are out on that R/R wheel one way or another but most of the time both.(camber and toe).
    My personal mirage is out R/R and L/R toe. 0.41 and 0.40 degrees respectively for a total toe of 0.81! That is bad! I've been dealing with it several different ways! No permanent fix yet. As a last resort I will hit the stub axles with an acetylane torch when the day comes. But remember mine is deplorable compared to some of you guys's measurements!

As a personal opinion I would still buy another mirage knowing this defect! All in all it would still worth it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh and BTW inuvik was not suggesting bad idea to keep it! He meant now that you decided to keep the car what are you going to mod!?

Also as correctly stated the alignment will not be getting worse on it's own!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Oh and BTW inuvik was not suggesting bad idea to keep it! He meant now that you decided to keep the car what are you going to mod!?

Also as correctly stated the alignment will not be getting worse on it's own!
    yup, that's exactly what I meant