Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Developing a rear sway bar alternative

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like a good idea to me. It'll definitely stiffen it up. It may become very stiff afterwards. I'm not sure thats a real bad thing though. You'll have a bit harsher ride but I would imagine you are willing to give it a try.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 49.0 mpg (US) ... 20.8 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    To be honest I think plateing in the open side of the triangle shaped beam will not allow the beam to twist , placing a torsion rod inside the triangle like most performance fwd cars have would be a better option, choosing the correct size torsion rod is the hard part .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Seriously, just putting a solid piece of Steel connecting the factory holes on the rear lower spring mounts made a night and day difference on my car. At highway speeds it no longer see sawed while changing lanes or going over dips in the road. It increased handling feel tremendously while making the car feel much more stable over everyday maneuvers including breaking. It inspired confidence at higher highway speeds. It also helped keep the rear wheels planted while going over bumps during turning maneuvers. This is a front wheel drive vehicle and though the power and steering is by the front wheels you must think of your rear as the stabilizer. You don't want them all over the place for road driving you want them as flat as possible. Tightening up the rear dramatically changed the Dynamics of the front of the vehicle.