Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambient temperature sensor/display (activating temp display in MID via ETACS)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroJim View Post
    Do you have any ETACS server requests left? I think it's in the upper right corner or something. If you used them all, you may have to buy a few. I think you're supposed to get one free one per day.

I'd keep playing with it and see what you can figure out. Maybe post your logs on the etacs decoder forum.

If you up for the drive, then I don't mind trying to help out a little bit. I just don't think there is anything I can do that you can't do yourself of you know what I mean.
    Okay I'll re-download etacts and try it once more... I'll post the log of what I get and hopefully it'll work this time, could you point me in the direction of where to get the software again for a download?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can then turn off TPMS, enable fog lights, ambient temp, instant MPG, and some other stuff.
    Which settings did you change to disable TPMS? Were there any problems after doing it?

Name:  tpms.PNG
Views: 751
Size:  5.8 KB

Also I had turned on instant MPG but it isn't showing up in my display. Is there a trick to get that working once it's been enabled?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    Which settings did you change to disable TPMS? Were there any problems after doing it?

Name:  tpms.PNG
Views: 751
Size:  5.8 KB

Also I had turned on instant MPG but it isn't showing up in my display. Is there a trick to get that working once it's been enabled?
    I haven't tried the instant MPG. I just saw it in the list and assumed it would work. Aa far as TPMS goes, I believe I switched #39 to "not present"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroJim For This Useful Post:

anog (06-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can you post screenshots of the exact Parameters you changed in ETACS Decoder that turned on the ambient temperature display? The closest thing I think I have is 'outside temperture present' and it's already enabled/present.

I'm not sure my MiniVCI cable is communicating correctly, as a lot of the options presented in ETACS don't seem to reflect what my car does have. It does report the correct VIN though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't tried the instant MPG. I just saw it in the list and assumed it would work. Aa far as TPMS goes, I believe I switched #39 to "not present"
    Thanks, #39 worked for disabling TPMS. Enabling instant MPG either does nothing, or needs additional steps to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taloverae View Post
    Can you post screenshots of the exact Parameters you changed in ETACS Decoder that turned on the ambient temperature display? The closest thing I think I have is 'outside temperture present' and it's already enabled/present.

I'm not sure my MiniVCI cable is communicating correctly, as a lot of the options presented in ETACS don't seem to reflect what my car does have. It does report the correct VIN though.
    #78 worked for me using the cheapest cable I could find on aliexpress. Are you using the drivers from the ED website? I think they were linked previously in this thread.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 596
Size:  1.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So if there's anybody that wants to enable the ambient temperature display in my 2015 DE in the Reno-Tahoe area....there's lunch and beer available. My wife asks about it every time she gets in...temperatures are important to her.

I'm a purely Mac guy and the miniVCI drivers don't speak Mac.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hmm, I might try a different cable or something. I was using the drivers from the ED website and it could communicate with the rest of the ECUs as well as return accurate VIN data from the ETACS, but it never exposed the Write functionality. Thanks for confirming!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Use flow control when writing to ETACS