Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambient temperature sensor/display (activating temp display in MID via ETACS)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdlca View Post
    Thanks Mitz, going to go just wait a full day and try tomorrow morning, I'm not using the free version though, I bought the 6 month unlimited (which I know still has a limited number of requests) was working with the creator last night trying to get this darn thing to write to etacts but no luck... I'm going to try again tomorrow morning, if it doesn't work I give up.. It was getting frustrating last night and even the creator wasn't sure why it wasn't working, guess my Mirage wants to be a problem child. sigh... just want that damn outside temp!!! haha ugh..
    I think that while there are some functions that can be accessed and changed with the Mini VCI there are others, like the ambient temp function that need the MUT3 to download a .kon file from the relevant computer module, alter the file using the Etacsdecoder software, then upload the altered file back to the module,again using the MUT3.

I have changed functions like the door unlock feature without using a .kon file download/upload... but stuff like Cruise Control and the Ambient Temp function will, unfortunately, need a MUT3.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now we know ....after I oder my Mini VCI guess I can return it to Amazon...only order it to get ambient sensor and possibly disable TPS system. Paying $20 for VCI vs costly mut 3 that's not even a option for me to buy that at its price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I think that while there are some functions that can be accessed and changed with the Mini VCI there are others, like the ambient temp function that need the MUT3 to download a .kon file from the relevant computer module, alter the file using the Etacsdecoder software, then upload the altered file back to the module,again using the MUT3.

I have changed functions like the door unlock feature without using a .kon file download/upload... but stuff like Cruise Control and the Ambient Temp function will, unfortunately, need a MUT3.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    satria_wr and I was able to activate the ambient temp sensor without using the expensive MUT-3.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-28-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    satria_wr and I was able to activate the ambient temp sensor without using the expensive MUT-3.
    My mistake, I thought the temp sensor enable was in the engine coding section, the trouble Jdlca is having must be with something else then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If the temperature sensor is activated, does it show up as an extra click on the dash display? Is something else dropped off?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

It's an extra MFD page/click in the 2017 Mirage G4 sedan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is the link for the etacs decoder and can the program be used to enabled Fog Lights?
    Cars:
    15' Mitsubishi Mirage DE CVT
    17' Toyota Corolla LE

Instagram: Slow_As_F*ck <- Change the "*" to a "U" and you'll find me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    It is my understanding the ETACS decoder software is a subscription based service that allows various amounts of limited changes depending on what level is paid for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It is my understanding the ETACS decoder software is a subscription based service that allows various amounts of limited changes depending on what level is paid for.
    Hmm, I downloaded Etacs 4.1.8.4. Still waiting on mini vci so I can test to see. If that's the case, I'll just purchase a higher model of etacs because I called the dealer today and I was told $100 for reprogramming for fogs. Rip off.....
    Cars:
    15' Mitsubishi Mirage DE CVT
    17' Toyota Corolla LE

Instagram: Slow_As_F*ck <- Change the "*" to a "U" and you'll find me!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Im wanting to activate mine as well, but had no luck. Got to the same part as Jdlca, unable to commit changes.
    Has anyone else besides satira and mitz had any success using this method?