Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washer fluid indicator?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Thanks for doing what the instrument cluster on this car won't do...remind me to fill up my washer fluid.

I have been bone dry for a few days now!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-25-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Thanks for doing what the instrument cluster on this car won't do...remind me to fill up my washer fluid.

I have been bone dry for a few days now!
    Hey, no trouble Cobrajet. And for Metro MPG and anyone else I found something that should work,it will need very little change to perform, I will remove the buzzer but all else is good as long as the shipping isn't too high.....maybe get a group purchase together?
    https://www.esr.co.uk/cebek/i-62.htm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Would be nice if something like this could work ?

I don't know if a bigger Mitsubishi has a Indicator and or it maybe could be switched on with etacs decoder? (If a bigger Mitsubishi has one, it's woule maybe be possible to tweak something for the Mirage?)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...h-warning.html

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Digging this out from the depth of the forum, did not look closely at the gauge yet (away from home) or the washer fluid tank but it seems like a nice addition and if some of the cars are equipped with it, that should be a no brainer? At least I hope so.
    I have found this part from Outlander: https://www.ebay.com/itm/28486770514...3ABFBMxNi8qrRj

I am afraid there is no place to stick it in the Mirage though, would require changing the whole fluid tank and the next question comes - is there any place you could plug that into? Not to mention any existing LEDs on the gauge.
    Happy to see if someone already made such a mod.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    OK, my bad - sorry for spamming - I checked the Canadian model of the Mirage on the partsouq and yup - there it is 8260A379 SENSOR WINDSHIELD WASHER TANK FLUID LEVEL which is not existing on European models. I will need to check under the car if there is some loose connector hanging out there and maybe the tank itself already has some mark (like the bumpers have for the parking sensors) so I could drill a hole and install the sensor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bunio14 View Post
    OK, my bad - sorry for spamming - I checked the Canadian model of the Mirage on the partsouq and yup - there it is 8260A379 SENSOR WINDSHIELD WASHER TANK FLUID LEVEL which is not existing on European models. I will need to check under the car if there is some loose connector hanging out there and maybe the tank itself already has some mark (like the bumpers have for the parking sensors) so I could drill a hole and install the sensor.
    Can confirm Canadian 2023 Mirage ES 5MT, has check windhield washer fluid light (its winter here now).
    Will send picture when my fluids are low enough to trigger light.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunbeam For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-14-2024)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Thanks, I need to dig deeper and check wiring diagrams to see where it's connected to make sure I can adapt it somehow to EU version

2014-2015 Canada cars did not have a washer indicator. The 2017's and newer have it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-29-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Can confirm Canadian 2023 Mirage ES 5MT, has check windhield washer fluid light (its winter here now).
    Will send picture when my fluids are low enough to trigger light.
    Just an FYI for those living in a colder climate. My factory windshield washer fluid froze the first winter. This impacted the hose leading to the rear windshield for a long time. Once the fluid thawed during some warmer days, I pumped it all out. I just kept using it until it was emptied, and I refilled it with washer fluid that wasn't diluted. I don't remember a light coming on, but that was over 5 years ago.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-14-2024),mohammad (02-15-2024)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    So, after checking and digging I decided to pass. My cluster does not have a washer fluid indicator, no icon of it so even if I add the OEM sensor it won't fly. I was thinking to go the way that the guy in VW Polo did, the harness etc. - easy peasy, did not find a nice place to install the LED with indicator, one next to the gauges is already taken by the LPG meter so.. that's it. If I ever wanted to add it I would go aftermarket, changing the gauges just for this makes no sense in my opinion. Visual check of a fluid level once a month should do- will focus on the CC instead