Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
1. The lower the number usually means it sticks out further. But its a combo of width plus offset since overall width plays a role in fitment.

2. 195 50 15 matches the usa spec size of 165 65 14 in terms of overall fitment according to tirerack.com

3. Wider tires give more grip and less gas mileage, thinner tires give less grip but more gas mileage. Same goes with running more or less air pressure. More air pressure will result in less grip thus more gas mileage, where as less pressure will give more grip and less gas mileage. As far as suspension wear, its thought that a tire with a shorter sidewall will be stiffer thus transfering more of an impact to the suspension system instead of absorbing it in the tire flex. Me personally, gas mileage is not my goal, thus im going 16" rims with 195 45 16 and eventually getting a full set of adjustable coilovers. Suspension to me is gonna wear out when it wears out. So no big deal. To others.....
195/45/16 work perfectly on this car. You will not regret getting that size. 45 is still thick enough to absorb bumps and 195 is not wide enough for them to rub. The diameter of the new tires is just a fraction bigger then the originals so the speedometer is only off by about 1mph. I will probably go with the adjustable coilovers next year but for now the Eibach springs are really really good. I almost skipped getting them and was going to wait to get coilovers. I am glad I got them (and the rear sway bar) because they completely transform the car. The only reason why I would even get coilovers now is to have the height dropped just a bit more.