Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Top Speed Is Pretty Insane!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why the heck would you want to go that fast in a Mirage anyways? Even with 92 airbags, you're still a dead duck, if you crash. Imagine a nice rollover at that speed. Off to the scrap yard with the car, and the morgue with the people.

Then, keeping the above in mind, imagine running in to something going that speed, like a bunch of landscaping boulders? Or, heaven forbid we talk about Paul Walker and what happened that fateful day in his friend's Porsche.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Be interesting to know how fast it would really go with some V-Rated tires and the speed limiter turned off.
    If there was no electronic limit, the theoretical top speed for the US spec mirage with the 5 speed is around 130mph.. That's how fast it'll be moving in fifth gear at redline, assuming the motor has enough power to overcome the wind resistance..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    You can just upload the video here https://vid.me/ ? Than can we see it running 180 km/h...
    I would never do this in this car, i dont like the "suspension at high speed" the max speed i have driven the mirage for me is 135 km/t.. (Im much more to slow driving and getting good MPG)
    Hmm, I'll look into it and see if I can upload the vid there.. Yeah the stock suspension isn't ideal for doing things like that but, my mirage isn't stock.. I'm on Tein springs, UR rear sway bar, UR front strut bar, and sitting on 16x6.5 wheels wrapped in a decent summer performance tire

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I managed to hit 93 mph(GPS verified) while going downhill with the cruise control set to 85 mph.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Everytime I've gone 100+ mph I've been alone on a nicely paved straight road. It is quite entertaining getting that little car to move so fast. For me, I do any racing on a track. It's no sense acting like a fool with people in your car, or other cars around you. You shouldn't give anyone a bad day aside from yourself for driving like a jerk.

Funny enough I'm actually going to cruise the little Mirage around the track being built around here. If I get a gopro I'll share a video. Just don't be too surprised when the camera is turning 45 degrees through the turns haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRage For This Useful Post:

chris_top_her (03-01-2017)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote: Why the heck would you want to go that fast in a Mirage anyways? Even with 92 airbags, you're still a dead duck, if you crash. Imagine a nice rollover at that speed. Off to the scrap yard with the car, and the morgue with the people.

@ Car Nut:
    True, but I've had mine up to 180kmh, and it drove well and safe in spite of wind. We are used to high speeds in Europe, and most drive sensibly, even at 200.
    Even if I drove a dinosaur detroit tank, nothing much would be left after leaving the road at that kind of speed.
    The way people drive and how they master their car makes a big difference! I've had my licence since 1972, driven somewhere between 30000 and 70000 km each and every year, and never had an accident, not even a parking ticket.
    Last edited by foama; 04-17-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I brought my Space Star to the 60000 km service today and for that reason, I testet the top speed with the old oil and revved up the motor a little after driving very slowly and economical for the last months. There has been tailwind with about 5 kph and so the car reached more than 190 kph on the speedometer very quickly (about 180-185 kph). But whenever driving more than 190 kph on the speedometer (or 120 mph?) the car will make a scary whistling or beeping sound as if there was a speed warning sound.

Does anyone know if there is a speed warning sound or where to get the info? And at 195 kph the car would not accelerate anymore if there was speed limiter, too.

The workshop employees didnīt know anything about it but only asked if the car would really drive that fast...

The Autobahn was empty and a lot of Audi and BMW passed me with higher speeds so I donīt want to begin a discussion if driving that speeds is save - I know, itīs not. But that noise was really scary and popped up again and again.
    Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2:
    Daihatsu Cuore L251:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space Star Klassik Kollektion+ 1.2 manual: 67.5 mpg (US) ... 28.7 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 81.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove around 115 in Texas on the 10 coming from Huston to LA in my 14 DE.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I drove around 115 in Texas on the 10 coming from Huston to LA in my 14 DE.
    How did it feel? Tires better be balanced at those speeds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    How did it feel? Tires better be balanced at those speeds.

actually more planted in a straight line but side to side motion was slow to react to input and that is a good thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)