Thread: Auto Dynasty Lowering Springs from Amazon.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    @Stan with TEIN dampers which are designed for lower ride height we experienced opposite: seesaw on OEM springs and in addition to that topping out. The ride height was almost 2" higher. With AD springs travel is about 4.5" on compression. With OEMs it is ~6" with 2” less on rebound. This is spring limited I suspect you see different picture if OEM shocks limit compression stroke.

Also we had installed 3/8” vinyl tubing on middle section, which should have increased ride height by 3/4" and also changed balance point.

With regards to fronts initial impression they are stiffer than stock but not by much. The reduction in body roll you see is likely due to lower height not stiffer spring rate. I will try to make measurements to see how they compare to stocks.

TEIN basis springs are rated 168/118lbs f/r (3/2.1kg). AD rated 175/205. We all know 205 rear is bogus, by loading rear and doing crude estimates they are ~20% stiffer than OEMs and TEIN rears.

We have UR sway bar coming in couple days, and I will have to stiffen front springs because as is it blows on big hits. Unlike OEM TEIN shocks don't have enough damping on impact and need stiffer spring rates I will see what can be done there.

If I were doing this again on the budget, and as namco pointed out it is hard to justify anything expensive for this car, I would put AD springs, do tubing on rears, replace rear shocks and then look for cheaper rear sway bar. Put better tires and camber bolts.

$70 for springs, $5 for vinyl tubing, $80 for pair of shocks, $12 for camber kit. RT-43s are ~$60ea, the only expensive part is the sway bar..
    That's what I suspected, regarding the TEINS. Once you match the correct spring with the correct
    shock, magic happens!

I would like to mention that in the same way I know the rear springs are floppy and weak
    compared to OEM's, the front AD springs are much stiffer than the stock springs. As in, I could
    hardly get them to move throwing my 220lbs of weight on it. The stocks I can at least get to
    budge, the AD's were not happening. This is definitely the reason for the much reduced body
    sway, as I don't think a 1.5" drop in the front only would make such a huge difference in handling.

I've got the stocks just sitting in a box here. I'll pick up a mechanical scale tomorrow and rig a
    semi-accurate spring measuring tool out of it so we can have some hard data to make absolutes
    with.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlestan For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (04-08-2016),Eggman (04-08-2016)