Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  $_1[1].JPG
Views: 4361
Size:  17.7 KBName:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 4376
Size:  87.2 KBI transferred my Air Bag from my own steering wheel. I purchased used steering wheel without airbag. Bluetooth module from Lancer yes they are compatible even though they have different Purchase order number.

Last edited by seanla04; 05-18-2016 at 03:54 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seanla04 For This Useful Post:

anog (05-18-2016),Daox (05-18-2016),Eggman (05-18-2016),wellswebdesign (05-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Think you could do a write up on installing the bluetooth module?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

anog (05-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installing OEM Bluetooth module for 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
    Schematic diagrams:
    Name:  bluetooth.jpg
Views: 4086
Size:  85.9 KBName:  bluetooth 1.jpg
Views: 5935
Size:  87.9 KB
    Last edited by seanla04; 05-25-2016 at 05:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seanla04 For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I ordered a steering wheel now I am trying to figure out the rest of the stuff. I dont believe there is a different clutch switch so you probably don't have to buy that. I will be getting under the car to see which brake switch. When doing the cruise resistance changes did you have to wire in at the switch?
    Also could you explain how the mutIII decoder works?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Check the pictures above. Clutch pedal has 2 switches. 1 for starter and 2nd one for canceling the cruise. Brake switch which your car has it looks exactly the same from outside. When you pull it out and look at pins it has only 2 pins instead of 4. Brake switch 2 pins to activate your brake lights and another 2 pins for canceling cruise control as well. If you don't know how to disassemble and solider Cruise Control switch on the steering wheel just buy one for your car from dealer. About Decoding: I bought Dealer lever device. I never used Etacs decoder and don't know how that stuff works. I also advice you to read my post completely. Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    is it possible to set cruise control button ON by default? I hate how i need to press on the damn thing to activate it EVERY TIME i drive it... on my previous Honda Fit, it was a pressed-and-remembered button, so once you pressed it, it stayed down/on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry you have to activate it every time. Now days they use CAN Controlled Area Network. By pressing button ECU Electronic Control Uint gets certain resistance and voltage and determines what to do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seanla04 View Post
    Check the pictures above. Clutch pedal has 2 switches. 1 for starter and 2nd one for canceling the cruise. Brake switch which your car has it looks exactly the same from outside. When you pull it out and look at pins it has only 2 pins instead of 4. Brake switch 2 pins to activate your brake lights and another 2 pins for canceling cruise control as well. If you don't know how to disassemble and solider Cruise Control switch on the steering wheel just buy one for your car from dealer. About Decoding: I bought Dealer lever device. I never used Etacs decoder and don't know how that stuff works. I also advice you to read my post completely. Thanks

So without soldering and complicated resister stuff.

We need
    Steering wheel with Cruise control switch per picture.
    Brake Switch for ES model
    2 Clutch Pedal Switch for Cruise control ES model (manual) vehicle right?
    The steering wheel has the harness and control so it is plug and play right?
    After that we just need to take it to Dealer for decoding? (Enable Cruise control)?

I will try to find the part # for the switches.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wmo168 For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-29-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has any of this been tried on a 2017 mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've bought one of the MUT3 clones and ETACS decoder software as well as the oe CC switch online (thanks for that part number Satria_wr) hoping that I wouldn't have to buy a used Outlander Steering wheel (or pull one from a wreckers).

After a bit of messing around I managed to change the engine's ECU to "present/active" for the 2 cruise control functions, I wanted to deactivate the annoying "ECO" light too but that's for another day....keep it simple right?

And it works! The CC dashboard lights don't illuminate but I may be able to fix that when I go back in to kill that "ECO" light. And I didn't have to run any wires from the wheel to the ECM either!

I've changed a couple of simpler things like the unlock feature via the keyfob.And now I don't have to go back to the dealer hoping they don't screw me for stuff like this anymore!

Last edited by strawboss; 10-10-2016 at 02:32 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-07-2016),inuvik (10-07-2016),MetroMPG (10-07-2016)