Thread: I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InTim View Post
    I found a 2015 Outlander steering wheel on ebay. All I needed was a Toyota VCI cable and the free ETACS software. Mounted the new steering wheel at my 2015 Mirage DE. Everything plug and play, then flashed the MCU with both cruise control settings on.
    And it's working fine, cruise and multimedia controls. But am I right, that there is no indication light at the dashbord beside the cruise on/off light?
    I had an Outlander for a loaner and right away noticed the steering wheel seemed to be a nicer version of that for the Mirage. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

I have a few questions:
    1. Were there any problems or concerns with the airbag?
    2. With a side-by-side comparison, what differences have you noticed between your two steering wheels?
    3. What tools were needed for the swap?
    4. Any further plans or usage for your VCI adapter?
    5. ANY PICTURES?? lol

P.S.: I wonder if the VCI could be used in any way to deal with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) such as checking on the sensors. Hm...
    Last edited by Eggman; 12-15-2016 at 08:01 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)