Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just did another Mirage today, used a windows 10 laptop with my old 1.4.1 xhorse compatible Mini-VCI. Followed the manual instructions to get that cable working as found elsewhere (and then used techstream to program a key for someone's Prius, LOL).

Settings for the cruise control are in the "engine" part of the Etacs Decoder. I had to change my writing settings to "flow control". Remember you have to have the ignition on (except when the software tells you not to) for Etacs Decoder to work.

Anyways, the wheel my friend got for his Mirage was a 2015 Outlander wheel. Again, it had the wrong resistors. This time I took a picture of them and I'll attach it with the resistors to solder in. After soldering in the proper value resistors everything went great. All the wiring was there, as expected. Just had to add the clutch and brake switches, and the new wheel (in fact, he kept his old wheel, just added the cruise panel to it since he had a wheel that had a blank panel rather than just foam).

Disassembling the cruise control switches is pretty easy, just carefully press in on the black part where the clips are while pulling apart. Be careful not to break anything.

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-29-2017),Eggman (11-29-2017),inuvik (11-29-2017),James08 (06-17-2020),MetroMPG (11-29-2017),Rockabilly Manta (03-29-2019),Top_Fuel (11-29-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hmmm! Just about to install cruise on my wife's Mirage... turns out the wheel I purchased this time (again, from an Outlander) has the correct resistors in it! I *think* it was a 2015 Outlander rather than a 2014. Perhaps there was a change at the factory or maybe it has to do with the features on the outlander. In this case this Outlander wasn't fully featured because it was a foam wheel, rather than a leather wheel. The other two Outlander wheel's I've ordered were factory leather wrapped.

Either way, I'm happy, this will save me some time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-26-2018),Top_Fuel (01-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    Hmmm! Just about to install cruise on my wife's Mirage... turns out the wheel I purchased this time (again, from an Outlander) has the correct resistors in it! I *think* it was a 2015 Outlander rather than a 2014. Perhaps there was a change at the factory or maybe it has to do with the features on the outlander. In this case this Outlander wasn't fully featured because it was a foam wheel, rather than a leather wheel. The other two Outlander wheel's I've ordered were factory leather wrapped.

Either way, I'm happy, this will save me some time.
    I have a mirage steering wheel let me know if anyone interested

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found a steering wheel for a 16-17 outlander...can I take that and make it work with little issue in my 18 mirage es??
    2018 mirage ES manual

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Cruise light not working

I think I might take my cluster ("combination meter" according to Mitsubishi) out to see if the parts are missing for the cruise LED.

It is not because of wiring, that is for sure. According to the service manual, the Cruise LED is controlled by the CPU in the cluster, and the signal is sent via canbus, thus why it can't be a wiring issue if otherwise your cluster works fine.

Only things I can think of are:

- Missing LED
    - Missing Resistor
    - CPU on non-cruise cluster is not programmed to recognize cruise canbus signal
    Did you ever figure this out? I have a 2014 DE CVT with working OEM cruise control that I enabled through ETACS, but my cruise light doesn't illuminate on power up, nor when cruise is engaged, perhaps my car is also like yours in that the cluster is missing it's LED or some other part.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? I have a 2014 DE CVT with working OEM cruise control that I enabled through ETACS, but my cruise light doesn't illuminate on power up, nor when cruise is engaged, perhaps my car is also like yours in that the cluster is missing it's LED or some other part.
    We have same problem, my cruise light doesn't illuminate too. I also activate speed warning alarm but the indicator won't light up.
    I found this picture, it appear that there are some LEDs missing on the board.
    Name:  wimg20140830133246-8470410988.jpg
Views: 1927
Size:  59.3 KB

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-28-2019),javensbukan (01-28-2019),strawboss (01-28-2019)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Just did another Mirage today, used a windows 10 laptop with my old 1.4.1 xhorse compatible Mini-VCI. Followed the manual instructions to get that cable working as found elsewhere (and then used techstream to program a key for someone's Prius, LOL).

Settings for the cruise control are in the "engine" part of the Etacs Decoder. I had to change my writing settings to "flow control". Remember you have to have the ignition on (except when the software tells you not to) for Etacs Decoder to work.

Anyways, the wheel my friend got for his Mirage was a 2015 Outlander wheel. Again, it had the wrong resistors. This time I took a picture of them and I'll attach it with the resistors to solder in. After soldering in the proper value resistors everything went great. All the wiring was there, as expected. Just had to add the clutch and brake switches, and the new wheel (in fact, he kept his old wheel, just added the cruise panel to it since he had a wheel that had a blank panel rather than just foam).

Disassembling the cruise control switches is pretty easy, just carefully press in on the black part where the clips are while pulling apart. Be careful not to break anything.
    Hi, did u remove the existing resistors inside the cruise button part and replaced them with new ones as per the values mentioned in the wiring diagram

Country
    Germany
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello Mirage Friends,

can somebody tell me if its possible to enable Cruise Control on Mirage with 1.0l engine ?
    Same Steps linke on the 1.2l Engine?
    Greetings from Germany !
    Last edited by daniel2606; 04-27-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    hi guys!!!
    I'm Italian. I have a 2014 Space Star 1.0 DE. I would like to enable Cruise control on my car. I have alreay the steereng wheel ok but without control.
    I made a photo under pedals and i saw I have alreay switch for cruis control on the clutch but the switch on stop pedal is two connectors one!
    How can I do to enable cruise control?
    thank you
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hrMzhyaENUR25n

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel2606 View Post
    Hello Mirage Friends,

can somebody tell me if its possible to enable Cruise Control on Mirage with 1.0l engine ?
    Same Steps linke on the 1.2l Engine?
    Greetings from Germany !
    Hello daniel2606 and welcome to the forum. Sorry for the late response.

I don't recall any reports here of a Mirage owner with the 1.0L engine enabling cruise control. I wouldn't expect the process to be different. You may be the first to find out? Please let us know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)