Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cut open a few oil filters today

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I always personally use Amsoil oil filters and Amsoil oil. I never have issue with them and works like a charm. I like that the Amsoil filter is heavier, as the casing is stronger than many other brands, and they use better internal construction (no plastic).

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    I always personally use Amsoil oil filters and Amsoil oil. I never have issue with them and works like a charm. I like that the Amsoil filter is heavier, as the casing is stronger than many other brands, and they use better internal construction (no plastic).
    I was always find of Amsoil products and used them on my motorcycles. Even with transmission-related shearing that oil can take beating and keep going. After 10k tranny would shift as smooth as on day one. But it is too expensive to buy for cars Mobil1 is good enough and only $25/5qt in wallymart.

Penzoil Ultra is also very good but 0w20 isn't sold in 5q containers at Walmart. I suppose 5w20 should work for summer.

Amsoil filters used to be made by Donaldson, not sure who makes them now. They do resell Wix products now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)