Inflate your tires to the max sidewall value to maximize coasting potential.

Once the engine is warmed up slightly, DFCO will kick in as long as you are driving faster than 19 mph.
- That means that if you are travelling faster than 19 mph (30 kph) and you let go of the gas, the car will use momentum/wheel force to keep the engine running and cut fuel to the engine. MPG is infinite since you are using no gas to move. Try and maximize that. Ensure that you are going at least 19 mph before letting go of the gas to coast down hills or to a stop. DFCO turns off once you slow down to around 12 mph (20 kph) - you can feel the fuel cut back in.

If you don't have many hills, it's a bit tough to do much coasting with a CVT. Feel free to flip in and out of neutral to coast if letting go of the gas/engine braking/DFCO will slow you down too much.

If you have mapped out the lights and know which ones are long, you could turn off the engine when stopped (if you feel comfortable doing that).

With my CVT Lancer, I use DFCO to cut fuel on steep hills or when slowing down for a light. I coast in Neutral the rest of the time.