Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Enasave rotation pattern

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Unlike the email notification removal, the ignore list is working perfectly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    Just following the manual, I crossed them because I didn't see any directional markings on the tires. I don't know who's method is better in the long run, but if something is working for you then I see no reason to change it. I imagine the end results wouldn't be much different with either method. As inuvik said I wouldn't invest too many brain cycles into it, haha.
    Attachment 5957
    I was planning to just rotate same side front to rear because I am confused as to how I would be able to criss cross the tires when I have only one hydraulic jack and 2 jack stands.

If I was a mechanic or had access to a lift to raise the entire car into the air it would be another story. If there is actually a way to do the "standard rotation" or whatever you want to call it with the criss crossing with the equipment I have please advise me.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual (no bluetooth) nickname: "Agile Grey Rat"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I was planning to just rotate same side front to rear because I am confused as to how I would be able to criss cross the tires when I have only one hydraulic jack and 2 jack stands.

If I was a mechanic or had access to a lift to raise the entire car into the air it would be another story. If there is actually a way to do the "standard rotation" or whatever you want to call it with the criss crossing with the equipment I have please advise me.
    I have the same as you, if you put the spare tire on the first one you take off, then just follow the arrows you can do it. It's pretty annoying though, so I usually just leave my tires on until the seasonal swap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    I have the same as you, if you put the spare tire on the first one you take off, then just follow the arrows you can do it. It's pretty annoying though, so I usually just leave my tires on until the seasonal swap.
    Yeah. I suppose I could buy a 3rd jack stand. Thats the only way I can figure to accomplish the task. Although I like your idea to use the doughnut as one of the tires.

But the real question to me is whether it is really worth it to go that route rather than just switch front to back on the same side. Not trying to take sides as far as the ARGUMENT going on in the background. But this is a friendly forum and we really need to respect one another. At the end of the day we all own this car and are just trying to help each other out. No need for personal attacks. We are all family here.

EDIT: I figured out that all I need to do is jack up the car with a floor jack at the front jack point and then place it on the 2 front jack stands. Then use the floor jack to jack up the back of the car at the rear jack point (tow hook) and then I could just leave it on the rear floor jack (No danger since I am NOT going UNDERNEATH the car to rotate the tires)

See this thread for the picture and location of the jack pints I am referring to:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ace-crushed-in!

So thats that. I guess i will go ahead and rotate the tires at 7500, May as well, Im bored

Last edited by fc321; 10-10-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual (no bluetooth) nickname: "Agile Grey Rat"